Leatt Fit Help- Mtbr.com

Thread: Leatt Fit Help

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Leatt Fit Help

I'm hoping to get some help fitting my leatt dbx comp with my Troy Lee D2. So far I have used the brace for one ride, but I had to take it off half way through as I felt I was unable to tilt my head back far enough to see down the trail while at speed.

Since then I have been trying to get a better fit. I have taken the pads off and pushed the rear plate as for down as possible (I was planning to flip the plastic bolts so as to improve clearance but the plastic runners were already positioned upwards -- maybe leatt has started assembling them this way?). I have also positioned the two plastic plates outboard of Thorasic plate.

Just riding around in the street, I still have issues looking far down the road. Part of the problem is that brace seems to ride up a little as I look forwards. The straps certainly help a bit, but it still uncomfortable ride without being able to tilt my head properly.

I wonder if people have any ideas? I have attached a photo to this post. I wonder if I am just wearing the brace incorrectly and there is a simple fix? I'm hoping to have this figured out my tomorrow as I'm heading up to northstar for the weekend.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Sounds like you have it adjusted as far as it goes. I think you just have to get used to it. It took me a little time to become comfortable in it while riding, especially steeper trails.

brake later, pedal sooner
    it looks like you need to space it out more, perhaps try the bigger inserts where the latch goes. this will let it sit on your shoulders more, and lower the brace - giving more clearance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    yep. run the longer spacers. you have the right idea it is supposed to touch you front and back, but yours is too high on your torso.

and run the clear plastic straps to keep it down. i hate the way it moves around if i don't.

secondly i raised the visor position on my helmet a tiny bit to help too.