Large Specialized Dealer- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3

    Large Specialized Dealer

    Hi just wondering if anyone can help me out, Im currently having problems with my 2011 Demo frame that I ordered through Specialized UK. So i'm wondering if it would be easier to order one from the US, only problem is Specialized do not advertise online, only in shops; so Im just wondering if anyone knows of a large Specialized dealer in US/Canada that has a good website and can ship internationally. Only one I can find currently is Thefixbikes.com, hope someone can help. Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    What's the problem that you're having?
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixbikeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    560
    Specialized dealers generally won't ship you a bike or a frame as they need to sell it to you in person at their store. It is in their contract as a Specialized dealer, that is why you don't see any online dealers. They feel that it devalues their brand to have it sold mail order or over the internet.

  4. #4
    GAME ON!
    Reputation: saturnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_L
    Hi just wondering if anyone can help me out, Im currently having problems with my 2011 Demo frame that I ordered through Specialized UK. So i'm wondering if it would be easier to order one from the US, only problem is Specialized do not advertise online, only in shops; so Im just wondering if anyone knows of a large Specialized dealer in US/Canada that has a good website and can ship internationally. Only one I can find currently is Thefixbikes.com, hope someone can help. Thanks
    that website won't ship a specialized bike. nor will any other as has been mentioned previously.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    What's the problem that you're having?
    Well firstly it arrived about 5 months late and I picked it up from the shop today and they had ordered me a Medium instead of a Large

    Hmm, thats a shame but I suppose its their brand image! Does anyone fancy buying me a Large Demo frame in Black and posting it to me?! Might just have to fly over and pick one up...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_L
    Well firstly it arrived about 5 months late and I picked it up from the shop today and they had ordered me a Medium instead of a Large

    Hmm, thats a shame but I suppose its their brand image! Does anyone fancy buying me a Large Demo frame in Black and posting it to me?! Might just have to fly over and pick one up...

    You're complaining about getting a 2011 bike before 2011? I don't get it.

    And as far as the size goes, I don't think that's a mess up on behalf of Specialized but a mess up on behalf of your shop,
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

  7. #7
    Executive User - UK
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    799
    I wouldn't be so sure, specialized uk are challenging to deal with.

  8. #8
    wretch
    Reputation: Truckee Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    You're complaining about getting a 2011 bike before 2011? I don't get it.

    And as far as the size goes, I don't think that's a mess up on behalf of Specialized but a mess up on behalf of your shop,

    If they ordered the wrong size why did you accept it? I'd rather wait for the right bike.

  9. #9
    UNDEAD
    Reputation: snow-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    484
    It arrived 5 months LATE???
    The frames are just barely available here (US), if not till January.

    1. If you specified a large and they got you a medium that's on the shop...not you, have them fix it.
    2. Specialized bikes are not available on-line anywhere in the world..common knowledge as listed above.
    3. Story sounds fishy

    Sorry 'mate

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    When I said late, I was referring to the ETA, I know they are only just available both in the US and here. Secondly, of course I know that its the shops fault that the wrong size was ordered. Lastly, I only realised it was the wrong size when I got home and opened the box, its returned now and they are trying to source me a large. Just itching to ride, didn't see the harm in asking

    Quote Originally Posted by snow-man
    3. Story sounds fishy
    Haha

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.