Large Specialized Dealer- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Large Specialized Dealer

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me out, Im currently having problems with my 2011 Demo frame that I ordered through Specialized UK. So i'm wondering if it would be easier to order one from the US, only problem is Specialized do not advertise online, only in shops; so Im just wondering if anyone knows of a large Specialized dealer in US/Canada that has a good website and can ship internationally. Only one I can find currently is Thefixbikes.com, hope someone can help. Thanks

mtbr member
    What's the problem that you're having?
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member
    Specialized dealers generally won't ship you a bike or a frame as they need to sell it to you in person at their store. It is in their contract as a Specialized dealer, that is why you don't see any online dealers. They feel that it devalues their brand to have it sold mail order or over the internet.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_L
    Hi just wondering if anyone can help me out, Im currently having problems with my 2011 Demo frame that I ordered through Specialized UK. So i'm wondering if it would be easier to order one from the US, only problem is Specialized do not advertise online, only in shops; so Im just wondering if anyone knows of a large Specialized dealer in US/Canada that has a good website and can ship internationally. Only one I can find currently is Thefixbikes.com, hope someone can help. Thanks
    that website won't ship a specialized bike. nor will any other as has been mentioned previously.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    What's the problem that you're having?
    Well firstly it arrived about 5 months late and I picked it up from the shop today and they had ordered me a Medium instead of a Large

Hmm, thats a shame but I suppose its their brand image! Does anyone fancy buying me a Large Demo frame in Black and posting it to me?! Might just have to fly over and pick one up...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_L
    Well firstly it arrived about 5 months late and I picked it up from the shop today and they had ordered me a Medium instead of a Large

Hmm, thats a shame but I suppose its their brand image! Does anyone fancy buying me a Large Demo frame in Black and posting it to me?! Might just have to fly over and pick one up...

You're complaining about getting a 2011 bike before 2011? I don't get it.

And as far as the size goes, I don't think that's a mess up on behalf of Specialized but a mess up on behalf of your shop,
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    I wouldn't be so sure, specialized uk are challenging to deal with.

wretch
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    You're complaining about getting a 2011 bike before 2011? I don't get it.

And as far as the size goes, I don't think that's a mess up on behalf of Specialized but a mess up on behalf of your shop,

If they ordered the wrong size why did you accept it? I'd rather wait for the right bike.

UNDEAD
    It arrived 5 months LATE???
    The frames are just barely available here (US), if not till January.

1. If you specified a large and they got you a medium that's on the shop...not you, have them fix it.
    2. Specialized bikes are not available on-line anywhere in the world..common knowledge as listed above.
    3. Story sounds fishy

Sorry 'mate

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    When I said late, I was referring to the ETA, I know they are only just available both in the US and here. Secondly, of course I know that its the shops fault that the wrong size was ordered. Lastly, I only realised it was the wrong size when I got home and opened the box, its returned now and they are trying to source me a large. Just itching to ride, didn't see the harm in asking

Quote Originally Posted by snow-man
    3. Story sounds fishy
    Haha

Members who have read this thread: 0