Lapierre?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Lapierre?

Grip it and rip it.

New question here. Lapierre?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone here own a Lapierre freeride bike? I was skiing in france last week and picked up a brochure about them. The bikes look pretty sweet and good value for money. Their website is in French so all i know about them is that Nicolas Vouilloz and his Vprocess put in a big hand in the design of the DH/FR bikes and they look like better value for me than a yeti as-x or ventana elchamuco or something.They are being distributed around Europe and Australia only at the moment. Since I`m not living any where near north America it would be cheaper for me to buy a europian bike. But i know there is also important things like whether the bike is right, and the after service. Can anyone here tell me a bit about them?
    Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

bad reviews

I just read a review of the lapierre blue FR in the french magazine Bike and it got pretty poor ratings (behind cannondale gemini, rocky mountain switch and Kona and others). Seems there is pretty poor components for the price. Never touched one though to be fair. I tend to avoid first generation products and especially expensive bikes, a good rule is to wait for the others to have the problems and leave the manufacturer time to fix it.