Landing Tips??- Mtbr.com

Thread: Landing Tips??

Lt. Saad

Landing Tips??

Hey guys,
    I have been freeriding now for 2 years and just switched from an 05 Norco Bigfoot (hardtail) to an 05 Kona Stinky(full susp.). I feel that my riding skills are sufficient enough for me to be able to do some bigger jumps and drops. So how should i be landing? off a jump and off a drop, both wheels at the same time or rear first? Should i be over the seat or behind it? I'd love to hear from you guys that have hit 10 foot and over drops. how do you do it? Pedal off or just lift off??
    THANKS DUDES!!
    Oh yeah i live in Toronto and would love to ride with some freeriding guys. if your from the area gimmie a shout and let me know where you ride.
    THANKS AGAIN!

mtbr member
    Always land boh wheels at a time. If its a close landing and a small drop pedal off it. If your comfortable manualing off drops than do that. You want to stay nuetral on the bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    head first

Meh.
    Match the angle of your wheels to the transition. If it's to flat, land back wheel first. Hang off the back if you're too nose heavy. Learn by trial and error. It depends a lot on the rider, the bike, and the drop.

Members who have read this thread: 0