Ladies day at Whiteface in Lake Placid, N.Y.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ladies day at Whiteface in Lake Placid, N.Y.

This Saturday July 1st is our 1st of 4 ladies days at Whiteface Mountain (Lake placid,N.Y).
    On ladies days all women get a free lift ticket ($30.00 savings).
    Open 7 days a week this year until our Whiteface 5K Downhill Race on 9-3, then weekends only till 10-9-06.

If you need help finding accommodations these links will be helpfull for both camping and motels/hotels.

http://www.hcor.net/postt26737.html for choices in Lake Placid

http://www.hcor.net/postt26736.html for choices in Wilmington(closest)

Weather:
    http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage...s&prodnav=none

All trails are marked excellent and it's easy to find the new stuff we have been building.
    Our new video will be up soon.

Downhill Mike
    Whiteface Mountain
    (mountain bike park)
    operated by High Peaks Cyclery
    www.whiteface.com
    www.highpeaksma.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks Mike!
    My wife and I will be there August 3rd - 8th.
    Drewski

“The Beatings will Continue Until Morale Improves”

Glad to Be Alive
    that is unfair.....I need to call the Civil rights union....why shoud a women get in free and not a man.....sheesh I would wear a dress toget in free.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Me and my buddy are thinking about coming saturday, but its mostly dependant on weather.. sat- as of now says 20% precip... and its raining all this week, so my guess is that the mountains gonna be a bit wet no matter what... How well does it dry out and hold together when wet-- and hows the riding when its a tad wet?(slick as hell?) Thanks
    Nick

mtbr member

dry trails here

Quote Originally Posted by ncg53
    Me and my buddy are thinking about coming saturday, but its mostly dependant on weather.. sat- as of now says 20% precip... and its raining all this week, so my guess is that the mountains gonna be a bit wet no matter what... How well does it dry out and hold together when wet-- and hows the riding when its a tad wet?(slick as hell?) Thanks
    Nick
    The riding here in the rain is great. The gondola keeps you dry on the way up.
    Our soil has no clay in it. Mostly loamy soil that drains excellent. Most trail maintenance done this year was in the rain, meaning all areas that collected water were fixed.
    This last weekend was picture perfect weather. Even with the rain yesterday and the sprinkles we had today the trail are dry, no puddles. Roots stay a little wet for a day but it's great practice and teaches you how to ride. After riding today my bike wasn't even muddy.
    Today was awesome on the mountain!

Giant STP 06
    I'm going to be visiting someone in lake placid in the middle of July and I'm very, very tempted to bring my bike along with me and ride for a day or two. I've never been there before though, so I don't know anything about it.

mtbr member

gotta bring your bike if your going to lake placid

Quote Originally Posted by KonaStinky05
    I'm going to be visiting someone in lake placid in the middle of July and I'm very, very tempted to bring my bike along with me and ride for a day or two. I've never been there before though, so I don't know anything about it.
    Please bring your bike you'd be sorry if you didn't. We offer the biggest vertical this side of the rockies, 2,500 feet for 20 to 45 minute downhill runs. We also have awesome x-c trails thru beautiful mountains. Don't forget we are closed on 7-23-06 for the Lake Placid Ironman competition. Very bike friendly town. Site of the 1932 & 1980 winter olympics. Yep. we downhill on the same mountain they used for the 1980 games, so you know it's gotta be big and steep. Killer singletrack. Awesome stream crossings, I saw moose tracks while doing trail maintenance the other day. More camping, lodging and dining than anywhwere else i've ridden.

for more on the area and the downhilling go to www.whitefacelakeplacid.com

For w'face a big bike with full armour is the norm. 40 + lbs with 7 to 9 inches of travel.

Downhill Mike
    Size does matter!
    Last edited by downhill mike; 06-27-2006 at 05:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks mike- i gotta say, you are really dedicated and psyched about whiteface.. i gotta ask, were you with whiteface before they did the mtn bike thing? or are you a big part of why the mtn bike thing is there..? Whatever it is, its good to have you around givin us the low down.. As long as weather holds out, me and my buddy are going to come saturday or sunday. Are the trails laid out/outlined well? Is there usually many locals around to bug about finding the best trails ?
    Thanks
    Nick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncg53
    Thanks mike- i gotta say, you are really dedicated and psyched about whiteface.. i gotta ask, were you with whiteface before they did the mtn bike thing? or are you a big part of why the mtn bike thing is there..? Whatever it is, its good to have you around givin us the low down.. As long as weather holds out, me and my buddy are going to come saturday or sunday. Are the trails laid out/outlined well? Is there usually many locals around to bug about finding the best trails ?
    Thanks
    Nick
    Thanks and when you ride here I think you'll understand my obsession with Whiteface.
    I used to be a customer and the riding here changed my life forever. Now it's my career. After 23 years of being a salesman/athlete I have made the change to mountain bike park director full time this year. I have done it part time for the past few years but I had to make the change and take the risk. I do know that once more riders find out about how awesome and long the runs are there will be no risk.
    We placed several more signs today so everyone could find everything easily.
    I like to have someone from the shop (hopefully me) out on the mountain at all times helping to show riders around. there are just too many awseome spots we'd hate you to miss. Between our increased signage and trail maps you'll now be able to find everything much easier.

check out how great our trail map shows up on https://www.highpeaksma.com/images/wface-mtbike.jpg

I like air!
    Hey Mike, How about you let all the women in free but they have to ride topless. That would draw a crowd.

BTW - I will be up there in a few weeks with a few friends.

Giant STP 06
    I might be too. Do you know exactly when you'd be going? I'm not exactly sure when I will be, but it would be mid-July.

Members who have read this thread: 0