Ladder setup- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ladder setup

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Ladder setup

Posted this in three other forums and ended up being told to go here so.... How do you build ladder bridges with only regular Home Depot Lumber. Also what do we do about a switch halfway thru, the ground switches from dirt to paved. Any tips are great, like how to make the ladder turn with a wood berm?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I can help you out, but you're going to have to be a bit more specific in what you mean.

Like this...
    Also what do we do about a switch halfway thru, the ground switches from dirt to paved.
    Do you mean how to build ladders/catwalks over paved sections?
    Which begs the question, what kind of paved section of anything are you trying to build a ladder over?

How do you build ladder bridges with only regular Home Depot Lumber
    As opposed to what kind of lumber?
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The paved problem has been solved and the lumber i meant as opposed to natural stuff right out of the woods for free.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by sully617
    The paved problem has been solved and the lumber i meant as opposed to natural stuff right out of the woods for free.
    Before you get carried away, I'll assume you have the land owners permission to build features... Not to mention removing wood in the forrest to build said feature. If nobody has said it's O.K. you could be opening a smelly can of worms... Fines, getting your stunt tore down, people setting up traps, all these could happen to you unless the land managers give approval.

Anyway, as far as wood goes, natural always wins my vote. I've never been a fan of riding down a trail and seeing a bridge or stunt build with tossed pallets or siding. If it's in your back yard, that's different. In the woods; keep it natural.

Either way stunts are fun but get permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

GERONIMO!!!!!!!
    Dec 2007
    DUCT TAPE
    its the solution for everything

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    We live in Boston, theres no forest lol, but we have all the permission since its his yard.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I dont know if this will help, but we started on one today, here is the link http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...33#post4757433

We just used some old wood that was used for our deck. It turned out pretty sturdy.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    the great thing about building features in your yard is you get to learn allong the way. do what I did in highschool with my buddies and draw out your paln board for board will you need 2x4s? 2x6s? get a good idea of what you are doing before you start cutting stuff up.

note: 2x4x8s are cheap usually under 2$ a board and ou can get rejects for next to free.
    pallets are also free from most funiture stores I know thy dont look nice but you cant beat free!

also a wide base for any raised feature is a must, it depends on how high you are going.
    you probably dont want to dig footers for all of your suports, its hard work and its almost better is you make sturdy features that can be re-aranged when you get bored with a setup (2-3days tops)

for the berm I would say make a bunch of "A Frames" out of 2x4s and cover one side in pallets or planks.

I hate to say it but nails and screws are the most expensive part, and when you think 10lbs is good you always end up needing more. uggg I just had a flashback

good luck, be safe, when in doubt triangulate!!!
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

Members who have read this thread: 0