kona stinkys- Mtbr.com

Thread: kona stinkys

kona-tize me captain

kona stinkys

hey i want to know whats the biggest u should go on a kona stinky 04. like gaps drops jumps, and if anyoen has personal expierences let me know.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    dood the stinky tootaaly suxors. joo need to get the banshee scream for the hucks.

its not the bike, its the rider.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    if your expecting a number, there is none. Its all in the fluidity and skillz of the rider. A good trials rider could drop 15 feet on a huffy. A bad rider can break a demo 9 on a 5 footer to flat. Wonder who thatll be

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    my 2 best friends own stinkys...

and as far as weve taken them...is i think as far as we will go on them...there now both looking for new bikes as there being held back by what there riding...instead of upgrading there looking for whole complete new bikes...

as far as the limits go...an upgraded stinky could go pretty big...but as stock 20' ft drops is the biggest id reccomend going as its pretty harsh and makes some really nasty noises...

id definatly reccomend upgrading one if your intending to go big on one becuase the wheels and suspension are cheap and sh!t...

heres 2 very abused and beaten horrible bikes...

Last edited by BJ-; 12-26-2004 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Yo Paseo El Scream
    like ajw8899 said, it depends how you ride it. If your smooth i've seen someone go 25' on a 04 stinky primo. But just to be safe with the regular 04 stinky, be as smooth as you can(always) and 15-16 would probably be your limit.
    Banshee Bikes
    Honorary Member Of The 200 Club
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It's when the suspension bottoms that major damage occurs,if your just gonna be goonin' it of of drops make sure you replace the springs with much stiffer ones,crank up the rebound dampening in the shock to match the new spring.I don't know what to tell you about the stock Stinky fork,looks like it's weak to me(no experience with Drop-offs myself,but jr-t's required work to be tolerable)Weak in as hard to tune with one spring and air pressure(me no like to add air to any fork)

Also learn to take care of wheels yourself,regular maintenence of cheap wheels will make them last until you do something that would kill a upspec wheel.
    run higher tire pressure to,if you pinch a tube your banging the wheel rim hard,it fails when this happens repeatedly.

I usually buy a good frame,high quality fork,shock and tires, run cheap crap on the rest of the bike.

mtbr member
    I am not sure about how tall the drops but i would say as big as you want if you have a really nice landing. As for the gaps they work pretty well as DJ's and could handle most of what you throw at them
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky05rider
    bmx is not dh/freeride....tight jeans are for girls

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bender
    I am not sure about how tall the drops but i would say as big as you want if you have a really nice landing. As for the gaps they work pretty well as DJ's and could handle most of what you throw at them
    Don't tell him that, he'll huck off a cliff because he thinks his landing is smooth.

The truth is, all bikes have a limit, and if your pushing the limit of the one you have now, buy a better one. If 10 footers are no sweat for you and you ride a stinky, buy a tougher bike.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Don't tell him that, he'll huck off a cliff because he thinks his landing is smooth.

The truth is, all bikes have a limit, and if your pushing the limit of the one you have now, buy a better one. If 10 footers are no sweat for you and you ride a stinky, buy a tougher bike.
    yeh i wouldnt incourage goign huge on one either...

in fact id steer you away from 04' Stinkys all togeather...i rode an 05' and the difference is very noticeable...the newer model is a very big improvement over the older...specs kills it to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Adam, u got a morphine? Nice, comeand ride sometime, we got the DJs like 4 feet tall
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    Adam, u got a morphine? Nice, comeand ride sometime, we got the DJs like 4 feet tall
    Put the frame on hold until i get my report card, but its all A's so ill get it. 16" Ferrari Yellow, going to build it up from late winter to early spring, hopefully itll be ready by the time riding season starts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

20 ft DROP!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=BJ-]my 2 best friends own stinkys...

and as far as weve taken them...is i think as far as we will go on them...there now both looking for new bikes as there being held back by what there riding...instead of upgrading there looking for whole complete new bikes...

as far as the limits go...an upgraded stinky could go pretty big...but as stock 20' ft drops is the biggest id reccomend going as its pretty harsh and makes some really nasty noises...

id definatly reccomend upgrading one if your intending to go big on one becuase the wheels and suspension are cheap and sh!t...

Wheres the pics of you attacking the 20ft drops?
    THROW IT DOWN!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=dannyb]
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    my 2 best friends own stinkys...

Wheres the pics of you attacking the 20ft drops?
    No offenst to bj but hes Australian, he only knows the metric system...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal