Kona Stinky- Mtbr.com

Thread: Kona Stinky

mtbr member
    May 2004

Kona Stinky

What do you guys think about the 04 kona stinky. Any info and pictures and info are awesome. thanks

mtbr member
    May 2004

Awesome

Its a real nice bike. Takes drops nicely pedals alright. The brakes rub a bit, but who cares when your going off drops or downhilling. I didnt like the fork so I replaced it with a Sherman Slider + and it works great. Here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "~PuNkTuRe HaTs~"
    ~Chase Williams
    ~Tyler Stripp
    ~Neil Streiff

Check This For Custom Hats http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1445112#post1445112

I wanna talk to Samson!
    love my stinky. just got back from riding cold springs trail in santa barbara on it today and it felt super sweet. the stock fork kinda blows, and i would recomend switching it out. mines gone through a few changes since i got it, but heres a pic of how it stands now. total on all the stuff on mine still adds up to less than what a stinky dee would cost, and its way cooler. i just wish it was a little lighter now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    love my stinky. just got back from riding cold springs trail in santa barbara on it today and it felt super sweet. the stock fork kinda blows, and i would recomend switching it out. mines gone through a few changes since i got it, but heres a pic of how it stands now. total on all the stuff on mine still adds up to less than what a stinky dee would cost, and its way cooler. i just wish it was a little lighter now.
    why don't you like the stock fork?

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudhaGoodha
    why don't you like the stock fork?
    bad dampening and its flexy, among other things.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Stinky

I really rate the bike, dont read many dissapointed reviews, If I hadn't bought my Cannondale 04 2000 gemini the deluxe one would have been the one for me, I know you shouldnt buy bikes just on looks but the stinky just looks right and Kona seem to have a good philosophy. I'm sure today the website will show the 05 Stinky's.

mtbr member
    Kona's a great bikes for the money...my buddy has beat the snot out of his stinky deelux for a couple seasons and nothing but standard maintance has needed to be done....since he has had such good luck with his, I bought a chapperal which is bascially the same... search the threads.... there are alot of stinky owners on this site, next to bullits and bighits it's one of the most popular bikes...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpur
    Kona's a great bikes for the money...my buddy has beat the snot out of his stinky deelux for a couple seasons and nothing but standard maintance has needed to be done....since he has had such good luck with his, I bought a chapperal which is bascially the same... search the threads.... there are alot of stinky owners on this site, next to bullits and bighits it's one of the most popular bikes...
    But the big hit will always be king
    "Better safe than scarry"

www.3dmtb.net

Cynical Bystander
    True dat!

Although being a former owner of both I have to say that I liked my Stinky more than m Bighit for rides where it involved lots of xc type stuff as well as the fun stuff....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    stinkys are great bikes...

the stock fork is about as usefull as a sharp stick in the eye...the brakes rub like a MF...the rear shock is about as plush as a ridgid pogo stick...they accelerate like a tank...but once you look past all that you have a bomb proof FR bike thats great at most things...

you wont be dissapointed if you get one...yet i would keep ur money and wait till the 05 stinkys come out and get a much better speced bike...for example...a 7" drop off tripple...better rims...and much better rear shock (not sure what it is but it has an exterior resevoir...which im assuming means good things)...

oh and my 2 best mates both have stinkys...they look sweet with the fenders...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles