Kona Bearing Help- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12

    New question here. Kona Bearing Help

    Hey All,

    I need help tracking down the bearings for KONA frames. I have had a lot of people ask me to get them bearing kits for KONAs but I don't know what bearings they need. KONA won't tell me cause they like to sell their kits for $100. I know some of the bearings and know I can put one together for under $40.

    So if anyone know what bearings and how many any dual suspension Kona frame uses I would really appreciate your help in identifying these bearings. If you have a KONA and want to help me I will give you 50% off a full bearing kit for your bike!

    Thanks for you help!

  2. #2
    I liked the old *****
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    218
    One URL/site I saved: http://www.abiindustries.com/enduro/index.html I haven't had to replace bearings yet, so not sure about details . . . but would imagine all you need to do is read the number on side of bearing.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12
    Thanks Perogative but I don't have a Kona to check the bearings against. I sell bearing kits for full suspension bikes, and hubs. I actually sell ABI Enduro bearings but unless you know the part number and quantity I can't put together a bearing kit. Thanks for the help though.

  4. #4
    Who pickin the banjo?
    Reputation: menachite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    286
    Do you sell bearing kits for any other bikes? Got a website?
    "We ought never to look behind us with regret nor ahead with fear, but around us with awareness."

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GOLLUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    94

    Try www.bikebench.com

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurly
    Hey All,

    I need help tracking down the bearings for KONA frames. I have had a lot of people ask me to get them bearing kits for KONAs but I don't know what bearings they need. KONA won't tell me cause they like to sell their kits for $100. I know some of the bearings and know I can put one together for under $40.

    So if anyone know what bearings and how many any dual suspension Kona frame uses I would really appreciate your help in identifying these bearings. If you have a KONA and want to help me I will give you 50% off a full bearing kit for your bike!

    Thanks for you help!

    the web site has bearing replacements for all sorts of frames and components. Check it out.
    RESIST OR SERVE!!!

  6. #6
    I liked the old *****
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurly
    Thanks Perogative but I don't have a Kona to check the bearings against. I sell bearing kits for full suspension bikes, and hubs. I actually sell ABI Enduro bearings but unless you know the part number and quantity I can't put together a bearing kit. Thanks for the help though.
    Sorry - wasn't near my bike, now I am:
    Main pivot x2: "6001 2RS"
    Rear pivot x2: "608RS" (same as "608 2RS" on web site?)
    Both are Enduro as expected, and on 03' Stinky P
    Don't plan on taking apart swingarm, but will look around to see if I can find out what it is.

    Regards,

  7. #7
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,923
    If you ride in pretty much dry conditions...How often do you need to change the bearings. My Big Hit had 3 years without bearing replacement
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12
    If you ride in pretty much dry conditions...How often do you need to change the bearings. My Big Hit had 3 years without bearing replacement
    Some people change their bearings every season but 2-3 years is normal bearing life. The problem is usually the grease inside breaks down and then your bearings start to scrape and sieze. If you suspension pivots are stiff and making a lot of noise chances are you need new bearings

    Do you sell bearing kits for any other bikes? Got a website?
    I sell bearings for a lot frames and probably have bearings for frames I don't know about. Check out my websiteBiker Bolts and Bearings


    Thanks a lot Perogative, those were the ones I knew about I would imagine the ones in the chainstays are 608s as well but I dont want to put a kit together without knowing for sure. Again thanks for your help!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    41
    the bottom seatstay pivot uses bushings instead of bearings.

  10. #10
    NorCal slum bum
    Reputation: captainpolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by wgcviii
    the bottom seatstay pivot uses bushings instead of bearings.
    word

    yo mrfurly, you should start carrying igus bushings. but i guess it would be too hard since there are so many

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12
    I have been thinking about it but man there are so many and I am having enough trouble figuring out bearings. Once I have put together some more bearing kits I will start to focus on bushings.

    Quote Originally Posted by captainpolution
    word

    yo mrfurly, you should start carrying igus bushings. but i guess it would be too hard since there are so many

Similar Threads

  1. Need help in restoring an old Ti Kona
    By fishy in forum Kona
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 07:47 AM
  2. Ordered an 05 Kona Shred for Urban...
    By Norco in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 08:29 AM
  3. Frustrated with Kona LBS
    By BAlGaInTl in forum Kona
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 10:24 PM
  4. WTB/amclassic disk hubs..
    By bike_freak in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 06:30 AM
  5. Kona Official Supplier of Whistler Mountain Bike Park
    By CraigH in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 08:00 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.