Knee protection advise.- Mtbr.com
    College
    Jun 2004

Knee protection advise.

I need some knee protection that can acompany my fox shin guards, which are just like the lizard skin ones. It's just the shin guard made of neoprene and a hard plastic shell. The other day i slipped off some rubble and hit a sharp rock which sent me flying. My shins were imacculate after the crash and the pads helled up fine, not even a tear. Right above thhe shin s though my knees were bloodied up. I just need something that can go with the shin guards that's comfortable to move in and breathes well. I don't want a whole new guard cause i really like these shin guards.

Thanks
    Bryan

soviet pride
    Quote Originally Posted by b12yan88
    I need some knee protection that can acompany my fox shin guards, which are just like the lizard skin ones. It's just the shin guard made of neoprene and a hard plastic shell. The other day i slipped off some rubble and hit a sharp rock which sent me flying. My shins were imacculate after the crash and the pads helled up fine, not even a tear. Right above thhe shin s though my knees were bloodied up. I just need something that can go with the shin guards that's comfortable to move in and breathes well. I don't want a whole new guard cause i really like these shin guards.

Thanks
    Bryan
    id suggest just goin to your local sports store or whatever and lookin at some skateboard or rollerblade knee pads.
    im all about midget drops

Glad to Be Alive
    for pretty much the same cash, buy some roach/rockgarden pads
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    just get some shin and knee combos. Wearing separate kneepads means that you need them straped on pretty tight on the knee. I wear my Roach Rally DHs without really strapping the knee straps at all. I might strap them but not tight at all and they are still secure.

College
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    just get some shin and knee combos. Wearing separate kneepads means that you need them straped on pretty tight on the knee. I wear my Roach Rally DHs without really strapping the knee straps at all. I might strap them but not tight at all and they are still secure.
    hmm... alright, ill go look at the roach rallys at the lbs. But i just bought these aarghh. They feel good too. I have some 661 4x4 and they really restrict my mobility, so i just got the shin guards instead, then the otherday i fell and hurt my knees......don't you hate it whenn that stuffhappens.

Glad to Be Alive
    roach rallys ...really stay on your knees during a crash
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Gear Whore
    I looked at the rally's when I bought my last set...totaly wanted them...but they do not fit my fat legs...sigh. SooooOOOOoo, I bought the hoots knee/shin combo and LOVE them. very comfortable and do not move around.

College
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    roach rallys ...really stay on your knees during a crash
    Staying on my knee isn't my biggest concern cause i think most do a pretty decent job of staying on. I just dont want my pedaling getting annnoyed by the shin pads. That gets really annoying . Do the roach rallys restrict movement when pedaling ?

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I would say buy the new Troy Lee Pads, they are NICE!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    SixSixOne Tomcats work great with the Fox shins, and breathe better than the Fox Axis kneepads (Axis have more padding though).

If you really want more breathable and less restrictive, RaceFace Rally FRs are the ticket. Much less padding and no back-of-leg protection, though.

I own all these, and usually wear the Rally FRs.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    661 Pro DJ Knee or 661 Tomcat Knee. I run the tomcat with my fox shin guards and they don't slip.

P"