Knee pads, 661 versus TLD T bones- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Knee pads, 661 versus TLD T bones

Anyone used either of these....
    a) TLD T bone pads - are they a hard cap, or just a soft gel? Hard to tell from the photos....
    b) 661 Metal Mulisha / Kyle Strait slim pads

I am looking for something that i can wear on all day rides, as my current 661 race knee and shin pads wear holes in the back of my knees and are uncomfy, but I really want some knee pads that I can wear all day - as going for it on the DH is inate in me and I want some protection as bashing your knee is a nightmare!!

Any advice? Anyone any experience with either? They are not open at the back, but are they comfy to wear on an XC/all mountain ride (4 hours?)....

Thanks,

ian

ride hard take risks
    EVS nice & comfy, plastic knee cap internal plastic shin protection
    http://www.evs-sports.com/products/?prodCategory=2

screamer

661 tomcats

Thumbs up on the 661 Tomcats. A little on the warm side, but for AM/XC rides below 80deg., I pretty much forget I'm wearing them. They stay in place, (so far) with zero chafing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    i got the t bones these ones

there is a hard cap underneath the nylon. they are not removable like the 661s. I had the 661 race knee/shins and could not stand the sizing (sucked). so i opted for the tld's. awesome gaurd.. they are neoprene so they are a bit warm, but comfy enough to do some pedaling in. its got a elastic mesh behind the knee which hasnt bothered me so far. the sizing is also good. much better than 661 imo. one other thing that made me choose the tlds was the belt loops that hold the straps in place. the 661's dont have that. I had problems with the 661race shins because of the straps. the tlds also go almost half way down the shin so you get some extra protection.

high school loser
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

Glad to Be Alive
    raceface/roach dh pads
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    the Troy Lee Design guards in the picture are backwards. anyways id go the 661 Kyle Strait guards. they hug your leg better and the strap area is larger so they dont get uncomfortable as quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    theres no left or right on the TLD guards. they also have full elastic straps unike 661 stuff. and it looks like theres no cut out behind the knee on the 661's.

Members who have read this thread: 0