Knee Braces/ Knee Pads

Printable View

  • 09-20-2014
    metalMTB
    Knee Braces/ Knee Pads
    I have a bad right knee will get very painful after a bit of use. Are there any knee pads that offer additional support for people with knee problems? I know there are a few out there but they all are very expensive. I'd like to spend less than $150.
  • 09-20-2014
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    see a doctor and also get some physical training to strenthen knee RIGHT...good exercises to build it up....

    and 150 is nothing if it last 2 years...that is like that's like 6 bucks a month...cheap for support of the year
  • 09-20-2014
    ustemuf
    Less than $150 you will be hard pressed to find the specific type of pad you are looking for.

    Anything under $150 is just going to be protection, not much support.
  • 09-25-2014
    man w/ one hand
    Tore my right ACL 1 1/2 yrs ago, got a DonJoy like th NFL guys use and it has been flawless. Abit bulky & cumbersome, but I have landed on that leg w/all of the weight of the bike, my pack & me on it numerous times and it has been solid as a rock. Knee feels best it has in yrs. The brace cost roughly 10 times what your wanting to spend & worth every dime.
  • 09-26-2014
    #1ORBUST
    Gonna have to step up ur $$$ opie.

    I've had two acls done. My current left knee brace and pad is prob In the $1k range. $130 or so just a normal 661 knee shin combo then I have a Breg brace like the donjoy, wrapped over the 661.

    Anything under $300-400 is garbage!

    Donjoy actually has a program that if u dup ur knee in Their brace they will $$ to ur surgery.

    $1k is nothing. My knee surgeries were well over 120k
  • 09-26-2014
    man w/ one hand
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by #1ORBUST View Post
    Gonna have to step up ur $$$ opie.

    I've had two acls done. My current left knee brace and pad is prob In the $1k range. $130 or so just a normal 661 knee shin combo then I have a Breg brace like the donjoy, wrapped over the 661.

    Anything under $300-400 is garbage!

    Donjoy actually has a program that if u dup ur knee in Their brace they will $$ to ur surgery.

    $1k is nothing. My knee surgeries were well over 120k

    Good to know, AND the rep that measured me for my Donjoy told me I could get it rebuilt for next to nothing should it break or something.
    I wear mine under my Fox knee/shins.
  • 09-26-2014
    #1ORBUST
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by man w/ one hand View Post
    Good to know, AND the rep that measured me for my Donjoy told me I could get it rebuilt for next to nothing should it break or something.
    I wear mine under my Fox knee/shins.

    I've tried under the knee shin its not the comfy for me. Over kinda locks the knee pad over the kneecap. Only prob is im not sized with a shin on so its really tight. I kind of like it though. I took a good digger last week at big bear was a ok!

    If u bought the dj less then a year ago you can still qualify on the website. It's 1k they give you.
  • 09-26-2014
    man w/ one hand
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by #1orbust View Post
    i've tried under the knee shin its not the comfy for me. Over kinda locks the knee pad over the kneecap. Only prob is im not sized with a shin on so its really tight. I kind of like it though. I took a good digger last week at big bear was a ok!

    If u bought the dj less then a year ago you can still qualify on the website. It's 1k they give you.

    cool beans
  • 09-26-2014
    cyclelicious
    Find out whats wrong with your knee first. It's difficult to tell from your post what's causing the pain ... could be positioning? Strain? arthritis?. who knows? There are many types of braces and supports over the counter or custom made but they won't correct a problem until you know what's causing it. Find someone who assess the pain and make recommendations for treatment
  • 10-06-2014
    metalMTB
    yea, yea yea. i know that i should see a doctor but its not serious enough for me to get anything for it. I'm just looking for some very good protection that may offer some additional support versus the average pad