Kinda OT... Trail Rage!- Mtbr.com
    Moose Member

Kinda OT... Trail Rage!

This is worse than that guy running into that chick a while ago. Guy with the helmet cam follows him for a while, kindly asks to pass a few times. At one point he tries to make a pass while the other guy is stopped, but he pushes helmet cam man out of the way and keeps on going slow. Then this happens.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gHX33Psbt20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

full video is here. Its long and kinda boring though,

Assault, full video. - YouTube

It's hard to take a guy in Lycra seriously, even if he is pissed.

mtbr member
    "Fat boy on a diet, don't try it, cap your ass like a looter in a riot". God, why did that song just pop into my head, lol
    I'm GNARcissistic

C__Corax
    Sep 2009
    wow, see what happens when you wear spandex.

mtbr member
    Yeah, his spandex is definitely a bit too tight....affecting the bloodflow to his brain.

mtbr member
    How'd the passee end up on the ground? I'd turn in my man card if some d0vhe in spandex took me down. Sad really on both accounts, the turtle for being an asshat and the passer for getting taken down twice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Old man 1, faster kid 0
    Just another redneck with a bike

Perpetual Hack
    Looks like a fun trail, except for the rolling d-bag Ego-boy.

Just can't stand to be slower than somebody else...Hope the Ego-boy gets his balls nailed to a stump and somebody pushes him over backwards...

michael
    Hatched in '64
    A Dirtbag since '69
    A Knomer since '07

Knolly Fugitive
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Endorphin
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ya how do you lose a fight to that guy

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ya, mr spandex woulda gotten a beating after touching me.

mtbr member
    lol. wonder what that would have looked like in Texas?
    2012 Stumpy FSR Comp 29er - Candy Red/Black

Pro Crastinator
    hahahaha!!!! he cried like a little b!tch...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    chill out "mate"

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What the heck Moossy, don't let douch bags like that push you around. You should have went Chucky on that guy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Pretty sure that the guy will be caught, this has been all over the (national) news in New Zealand. I think it was the top story the day it was posted, haha.

Ancient Chinese Secret
    What a DB! Looks like a fun trail, too. I agree, I woulda popped him in the jaw.

Chubby Chaser
    It's hard to believe that something so small escalated to an all out brawl. Can you imagine being the wife or kid of that spandex guy? Holy **** matey....

Somebody would probably have to tie my cat stretched out in between two trees and then run him over with his bike for me to get as pissed as that guy did.

RideDirt
    Fun trail for sure lol ... Dude was being a ****** and the guy with the camera was being a little biatch.. Im not one for violence etc, but once you touch me or pull some ish like that im def breaking your jaw.

GAME ON!
    NZ ******baggery at its absolute finest.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny No.5 View Post
    How'd the passee end up on the ground? I'd turn in my man card if some d0vhe in spandex took me down. Sad really on both accounts, the turtle for being an asshat and the passer for getting taken down twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beater View Post
    ya how do you lose a fight to that guy
    From the mouth of Jason Borne, "the guy at the bar is 215 lb and can handle himself". Don't lets the spandex and belly fool you, that's standard issue for New Zealand rugby. LOL

DownhillBAWS
    that old guy was way out of line and if he would have touched me i would have popped him in the jaw. hope he gets caught

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'm 6'5" 240# if that man came at me id probly cancel his birth certificate.

mtbr member
    I just want to know what happen during the scuffle. It sounds like they threw down. Craziness.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    "He tried to strangle me with my helmet while he was trying to steal my camera, and when I started yelling for help he put his hand over my nose and mouth. It was like he'd done it before.

"I was getting pretty fearful for my life by that stage so I did the only thing I could do without letting go of the camera, bit down on his finger. That got his hand away."
    That's what it says here.

I hope that guy gets caught!

mtbr member
    He shouldn't have said it's on video after the initial attack... it almost seems as if he was trying to provoke him further (using the shadows as reference, the old guy seems to be a bit bigger than the victim). Oh well, I still hope he gets caught.

If it was me in that situation, I would have dropped that fat sack of **** before his fingers would have even touched me. Basic manners here, keep your hands to yourself.
    avoid Manitou forks at all costs... they have no souls...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I'm glad he didn't produce a knife. He seems psychotic, so anything is possible.

9 lives
    What a stupid thing to fight over
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Agreed, that was just painful to watch

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    both as bad as each other in my opinion,,,,
    the helmet guy was being a dick riding the other guys wheel heckling himto pass, when he had enough oppertunities to pass on the left. and the lycra clad dude infront could have stopped to the side to let the faster guy through,
    the helmet guy made things worse by crashing into lycra man on that corner, im pretty sure any one of us would be pretty miffed if some knobhead did that to us, specially after he'd been yelling at you to move like he had been doing.
    if the helmet guy was that desperate to pass why didnt he simply just stop for a few minutes to let the other guy get down the trail,
    in my opinion 2 wrongs dont make a right this whole sorry affair could so easily have been avoided,

squish is good
    Just pass the guy. There is plenty of room, not like it's on an exposed cliff or anything. If your faster go around him, no need to antagonize him. Spandex dude clearly is a total a-hole, better to just dust him. That whole scuffle was unnecessary.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    I dunno how any of you can be dissing the guy with the helmet cam, the other guy was being a **** for not letting him pass. You're all saying he could've passed ...yeah maybe if he'd managed to bike through the shrubs faster than the other guy on the trail?! I'm just annoyed helmet cam guy didn't give him a fist-full.
    Mountains... because roads are boring
    My GoPro DH Channel <---- Please Subscribe! :)

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRider View Post
    lol. wonder what that would have looked like in Texas?
    In Florida, you can shoot them dead if they threaten you.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure View Post
    In Florida, you can shoot them dead if they threaten you.
    In florida there wouldn't be a trail with real elevation...
    Just another redneck with a bike

Ride, Jump, Pray, Land
    wow all you big hard boys. "I would have knocked his head off" what ever. Maybe the younger guy was weaker! Maybe he didn't want to fight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    both as bad as each other in my opinion,,,,
    the helmet guy was being a dick riding the other guys wheel heckling himto pass, when he had enough oppertunities to pass on the left. and the lycra clad dude infront could have stopped to the side to let the faster guy through,
    the helmet guy made things worse by crashing into lycra man on that corner, im pretty sure any one of us would be pretty miffed if some knobhead did that to us, specially after he'd been yelling at you to move like he had been doing.
    if the helmet guy was that desperate to pass why didnt he simply just stop for a few minutes to let the other guy get down the trail,
    in my opinion 2 wrongs dont make a right this whole sorry affair could so easily have been avoided,
    Agreed. There were lots of places where the trail branched & rejoined, any of those spots could've been used for passing. Even worse, after the helmetcam guy crashed the other guy's bike about halfway through the video he then takes his sweet time doing a go-around so he can redo the downhill section, and then he wonders how he got stuck behind the other guy again. If there ever was a time & place to pass it was right after when he rammed the lycra man's bike, all he had to do was continue down the trail instead of doing a go-around. Both of them were peckerheads, end of story.

OMG!
    hahahahahah camera guy got his ass kicked

外国人
    Jun 2007
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I disagree with the comments partially or fully blaming cameraman, all the possible places he could have passed were a lot longer, he would have to have been going very, very fast to get by on those trails. The bumblebee idiot could have slowed down a little at any of these places to facilitate an nice smooth overtake.

The small collide mid way - it was unclear to me which way bumblebee was skidding, it kind of looked like he was blocking the path yet again. If camera man had of left a little more room that could have been avoided - but then he was trying to pass, so was maintaining a close position.

When he re-caught up to the bumblebee the second time he did give a decent amount of distance. At no time did the camera guy do anything that seemed overtly aggressive to me. He asked to pass, bumblebee said yes, camera guy shadowed him to pass, at no time did bumblebee assist - he was turtling the trail the entire time.

I personally would have stopped, but who knows was there another 20 bumblebees coming down the track behind? if its a busy trail, no point waiting.

Bumblebee needs to learn some trail etiquette, 'when safe to do so move across to let faster riders by'

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uphill=sad View Post
    I disagree with the comments partially or fully blaming cameraman, all the possible places he could have passed were a lot longer, he would have to have been going very, very fast to get by on those trails. The bumblebee idiot could have slowed down a little at any of these places to facilitate an nice smooth overtake.

The small collide mid way - it was unclear to me which way bumblebee was skidding, it kind of looked like he was blocking the path yet again. If camera man had of left a little more room that could have been avoided - but then he was trying to pass, so was maintaining a close position.

When he re-caught up to the bumblebee the second time he did give a decent amount of distance. At no time did the camera guy do anything that seemed overtly aggressive to me. He asked to pass, bumblebee said yes, camera guy shadowed him to pass, at no time did bumblebee assist - he was turtling the trail the entire time.

I personally would have stopped, but who knows was there another 20 bumblebees coming down the track behind? if its a busy trail, no point waiting.

Bumblebee needs to learn some trail etiquette, 'when safe to do so move across to let faster riders by'
    Exactly!!

Back to the post about "What would happen if he were in Texas?" Hopefully, someone would have beat his ass, cause that is what he deserved. Tons of 29ers in Spandex around here. Most are alright but I have run in to some that think they own the road just like this dude. Plus they look at you like you are from some foreign world if you have more then 4"s of suspension travel .

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I would have stabbed the old ****er.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    hahahaha

mtbr member
    dude with the camera should be utterly embarrassed. Sounds like he got his butt whipped good the second time. you can hear him squel.

Members who have read this thread: 0