KHS dominatrix- Mtbr.com

Thread: KHS dominatrix

Jersey Hucker

KHS dominatrix

anyone ride a KHS dominatrix? They look pretty indestructable. Are there any problems with them?

Now with flavor!!
    Yes. Lots.

Don't buy one. They crack at just about every weld junction on them. Plus there's that neat lump in the top tube to hit your nuts on.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxRider77
    anyone ride a KHS dominatrix? They look pretty indestructable. Are there any problems with them?
    Never even heard of it... got any pics?
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Pro Crastinator
    i have one that's over 5 years old, it is built up as a spare DH bike. personally i would stay away from it, the linkage alone makes it almost impossible to pedal without a ridiculous ammount of bob. but as an overweight bike abuser, it has had no issues ever other than the really crappy pedalling. but if i must say, there are tons of other bikes more worthy of your coin......

Jersey Hucker
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i have one that's over 5 years old, it is built up as a spare DH bike. personally i would stay away from it, the linkage alone makes it almost impossible to pedal without a ridiculous ammount of bob. but as an overweight bike abuser, it has had no issues ever other than the really crappy pedalling. but if i must say, there are tons of other bikes more worthy of your coin......

i can get one for under 500 bucks, is that a good buy?

Pro Crastinator
    i can't stress enough how bad this bike pedals, you should really take one for a spin first. unless someone is giving it to you for free, i'd save my dough, no matter how cheap you can get one for....

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Seriously, this bike pedals like it has an egg-shaped bottom-bracket. Ride one before you buy it. Not only does it pedal like crap, it's really heavy and the welds behind the link tend to crack...

Jersey Hucker
    does it like not go anywhere when u pedal, could you get a shock to fix this?

Pro Crastinator
    the flaw is in the linkage design. when you pedal, the bike will compress (while this happens, the wheelbase gets longer and there is a significant amount of chain growth) and then when you unweight the bike to transfer your weight to the other foot the bike returns to it's static position. while this happens the wheelbase becomes shorter again and the previously mentioned chaingrowth tries to return to normal. this creates a "dead spot" in the revolution that tries to momentarily spin the cranks backward, while you are trying to push it forward. there is no real way to resolve this, new shock or otherwise....

so, if you think you can live with a bike that tries to spin the cranks backward every time you are at the top of your stroke, feel free to pick one up.....

T.Dot Represent
    steer clear of KHS period... why do you think they dotn make freeride/ dh bikes for the public anymore? cuz they're crap!
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    My buddy broke five of em. Not worth the time or money, they are pieces of sh*t.

Members who have read this thread: 0