Just saying thank you- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Just saying thank you

So I got mixed up in this gigantic hate-fest over on what bike to buy regarding my experience at an old job.

I just want to say thanks to the DH and FR guys for not being argumentative and untrusting as a whole. I know we say stupid stuff over here but it's usually trivial and fun. Argh.

Had to vent. Back to work.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Hey James, totally off topic....but what shipping service do you guys use to send stuff out?
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    Hey James, totally off topic....but what shipping service do you guys use to send stuff out?
    Typically UPS within the US48, sometimes USPS within the US if it's Hawaii, Alaska, a PO Box, or APO/AE military. Out of the US we try to use USPS but that doesn't always pan out.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by James @ Go-Ride
    So I got mixed up in this gigantic hate-fest over on what bike to buy regarding my experience at an old job.

I just want to say thanks to the DH and FR guys for not being argumentative and untrusting as a whole. I know we say stupid stuff over here but it's usually trivial and fun. Argh.

That thread makes me want to scream.
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr member

Ditto

Typically UPS within the US48, sometimes USPS within the US if it's Hawaii, Alaska, a PO Box, or APO/AE military. Out of the US we try to use USPS but that doesn't always pan out.
    I know what you mean, James, the USPS "magic" number of 108". Many an evening I've been known to be spending some quality time with my box-cutter saving a customer $100+ on shipping.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    I know what you mean, James, the USPS "magic" number of 108". Many an evening I've been known to be spending some quality time with my box-cutter saving a customer $100+ on shipping.
    Some countries are only 79". Raging headache on that stuff when there's a rim involved.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

mtbr member

True

Some countries are only 79". Raging headache on that stuff when there's a rim involved.
    Which ones are only 79 when sending airmail? I know many are 79 when trying to send parcel post (the really cheap way... ), but I've had good luck with 108 when shipping airmail. Frame to France, yesterday, $49 plus insurance, at 107.5" girth. I was biting my nails thinking I was going to have to take the thing back to the shop and cut some more off the box.

NoTubes.com
    Feb 2004

Quite the thread you got involved with there James. Over the years I've given up with dispensing good information unless I feel the original poster is going to take it as useful. It's just not worth the hassle dealing with the potential immature posts that might follow, any thread with D8 in it comes to mind.

Just be confident in knowing that you guys do a great service to the industry on a daily basis.
    Please do not use the forum PM or e-mail function for business related questions. I can be contacted through our website. Thanks!

NoTubes.com

mtbr member
    I think sometimes its the clerk at the counter, I went to ship a frame and they wouldnt even take it! I had to cut it down several inches and it was just a standard frame box.

Sent a Azonic Saber to Brazil once, again I had to take the frame apart and ship two boxes with USPS

Now with flavor!!
    Oooh oooh

What thread?

I want to read the stupid.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Oooh oooh

What thread?

I want to read the stupid.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...03629#poststop

Now with flavor!!

Haha you're insane!!!

My titus rules. I've only crashed on it once and the frame felt so guilty it gave me a hand job!!

Not only customer service but straight up frame service.....

Remember that time I bought a turner from you guys and then I gave you my address? Instead of mailing me my bike you threw bricks through my window and played menudo outside my bedroom all night?? I'm sure everybody on the chainring forum remembers if you don't.

Go away troll.

650 yay area
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Haha you're insane!!!

My titus rules. I've only crashed on it once and the frame felt so guilty it gave me a hand job!!

Not only customer service but straight up frame service.....

Remember that time I bought a turner from you guys and then I gave you my address? Instead of mailing me my bike you threw bricks through my window and played menudo outside my bedroom all night?? I'm sure everybody on the chainring forum remembers if you don't.

Go away troll.
    PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    That thread sucks!

A quick example of Go-Ride's and James' integrity (James hope you don't mind me posting this):

About a month ago I got a DRS installed on my Foes FXR. Krispy installed it and somewhere along the line the bolts for the roller guide were lightly screwed on but not fastened. Me being less than engineeringly gifted, I didn't notice anything amiss and proceeded to ride with it like that. Of course first ride and halfway through I hear a clunking noise, look down and see a loose bolt and no roller guide. Hmmm. Me dumb. So reported the situation to James and within a couple weeks, I am riding with a new roller courtesy of Go-Ride.

The whole crew there has been nothing but great. And the people on WBB have a whole lot of nothing to do with their time, altho I do enjoy lurking around there every now and then to get my new bike jones on.

Members who have read this thread: 0