Just got my new norco dirty!- Mtbr.com
    If you won't build I will

Just got my new norco dirty!

I just road my new norco shore that I have been building up all winter for the first time out side today! I road it at Ray's MTB a few times, I loved it there, so I hit up a local DH spot on the west side cleveland, it was a sweet ass few runs, I love this bike!!! Can't wait to hit some real trails with it!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    and no pictures?

the weather has been pretty decent...you should be able to get out tomorrow, going to be even nicer!
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

StraightOuttaCompton
    no pics??? That was a pointless post.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

The Beaver
    how do you road something? hmmmm

BTW if you had pics I would have overlooked this detail
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Look a shore!

Now back to positive thinking! So far I like my Shore. It's stock fork was a bit a bit of a let down compared to my 06 RX2X so a fork swap is in the works once my new reducer headset arrives.

Bike Hustler
    Im really liking those new Norcos... that Shore may just be my frame for next season.
    SHAM-WOW

Ahahaha
    Oct 2007
    the green special fork decals are niffty

Bike Hustler
    whats the weight on that build? Its stock I assume.
    SHAM-WOW

Bike Ninja |||
    Quote Originally Posted by LoozinSkin
    I see Ti spring... not sure noroco spec's em that way.

But if i were to venture a guess on weight by looking at it... probs right around the 40lbs mark.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by LoozinSkin

Not so stock.

the ti coil, Specialized Phenom saddle, thomson post, polished Hozefeller OCT cranks, DMR v12 mag pedals and syncros bulk bar are not stock.

In that pic I still have the heavy 2 ply tires on it putting my set up around 39 pounds in that photo.

I've made a few more changes after that. pulled off the x7 drive train for x9, lighter rotors, custom 6 speed cassette (9sp spacing just less gears) salsa seat clamp, 2.3 wire bead tires with lighter tubes. Got the bike down to 37.125 lbs.

My 06 66 RC2X (running only one coil to save weight) goes on this week once my new reducer headset gets in. will also put a thomson stem on. The fork/headset/stem swap will be nearly 2 pounds from the bike! I'll be staring down at the low 35 pounds range (depending on what tires I have on that day)

I'll post an update in a week or so.

Will to Win
    hows that 66 running? any problems with the axle yet?

66 sales plundered when the axle issue came.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    I hated that fork so much. Axle never gave me trouble but the dampening sucked!

update on my ride:

now sitting in at 36.06 pounds.

Still need to swap my shifter and get a better/lighter guide system on, among a few other changes down the rd. The headset I ordered was out of stock so I ended up with a syncros FBI - beefy as hell weighs much more, then the cane creek I wanted, ohh well.

mtbr member
    cool bike
    i ride my bi*ch hard

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    no pics??? That was a pointless post.
    +1
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Jersey Hucker
    get a green half bash from E-13 for some style and reduced weight, like the green fork decals and the frame paint.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    ^ The ISCG tabs are welded on, not forged with the bb shell. Kinda silly thing for themn to do as they had to forge the lower shock mount to the bb so why not the tabs? I don't think a taco on welded tabs is a wise idea.

I think I'll just fab something up out of a sheet of lexan. I did this on my old bike and the weight of the backplate and roller was sub 100g. Will need a lighter/better looking bash guard thou that stock one is ugly!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperJester
    ^ The ISCG tabs are welded on, not forged with the bb shell. Kinda silly thing for themn to do as they had to forge the lower shock mount to the bb so why not the tabs? I don't think a taco on welded tabs is a wise idea.

I think I'll just fab something up out of a sheet of lexan. I did this on my old bike and the weight of the backplate and roller was sub 100g. Will need a lighter/better looking bash guard thou that stock one is ugly!
    nice bike!! diggin the norco style

totally agree with that, whether forged or welded i am not a big fan of those little tabs taking the 'bashing'. guess people arent too concerned with based on the popularity of the lg-1.

would like to see pics of that custom bash

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    I'll see if I can find you some. I have the cad files kicking around but not sure what happened to the guide after I took my old bike apart. ohh well I get to make a better one this time. I was not totally stoked on the alignment of the bolt holes, they were a bit off when I built my last one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Is this beast still capable of Climbing ? Or should i consider the Six instead ?

Members who have read this thread: 0