Just did my first downhill session!- Mtbr.com
    V-Shaped Rut

Just did my first downhill session!

Oh, I get it now! Demo day for Giant, I rode a Glory and a Reign X. The trails were in Auburn CA. For anyone familiar they were culvert and stonewall.

The glory was just a point and shoot weapon! Keep in mind I'm normally on a pure XC bike, 29er SS hardtail. I think I was going 3 times as fast but it felt just fine. As an XC weenie, I didn't get any big air, however the few jumps I did hit the bike was just stable on takeoff and landing. So fun.

Climbing surprisingly wasn't that bad. I mean ****, its got gears even if 1x9. For an SSer I just rode as normal. Leave it in a gear, stand and mash. Bike goes up, no harder to pedal than my SS, just a little slower.

The Reign X, bleh. Not as good climbing as an XC bike, not as good down as a DH. I did climb a LITTLE better but not enough to bother with a bike that is basically a big compromise. This does belong in the trailbike category, not DH or FR I think.

In any case, I just bought a mountain bike less than a year ago and a roadie last week. I think I need to limit myself to 2 bikes but oh the temptation! Doing toads and a coupe other tahoe trails would just be ridiculous fun on a DH ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just did my first downhill session!-glory.jpg  

Just did my first downhill session!-reignx.jpg  

Just did my first downhill session!-culvert.jpg  

Just did my first downhill session!-american_river.jpg  

mtbr member
    sell your road bike and get the glory!!!
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
    i just love this

banned
    Oct 2004
    It's not a "stable" until you have three.

V-Shaped Rut
    Heheh, I doubt my roadie would buy the forks on that bike. But we'll see. There are always n* rentals.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    saw you out there, glad you had a good time!

Members who have read this thread: 0