Junior T's??????- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    93

    Junior T's??????

    please!!!!!!!!!! Read it all beacuse i really need help!!!!!

    I planning to buy a jrt, is the only fork i can buy because other ones are really expensive for me

    I found 2 of them... One is a 2004 and the other one is 2003.....

    They are the same price: u$ 400

    I would be choosing the 2004, but there are some things about it that people don't like... Are anyone using this fork???????

    why 2003:
    - ssvf
    - ajusteble rebound (i'm 130 lbs... So the rebound is really fast for me)
    - people say that it is stronger than 2004... Is it??
    why not 2003:
    - more progressive damping (i prefer boxxer style forks)
    - older... More dificul to sell
    - don't come with integrated stem
    - non ajusteble lower crown high

    why 2004
    - more linear damping (and it is more sensitive, works better (damping))
    - easyer to sell (well... Itīs 2004!)
    - ajusteble lower crown high
    - comes with integrated stem
    why not 2004
    - people say it is very easy to bottom out
    - ssv
    - non ajusteble rebound.....
    - people say the bushings are realy weak, so the fork becomes flexyble (loose)
    - people say it do an horrible creaking sound when working

    Well... Actually i would be chossing the 2004, i don't buy it because it supposedly is weaker (bushings and bottom-out) and the rebound it too fast..... If i put a heavier oil and it works (become slow) it's ok.....

    What do you think?????
    Last edited by XMAG; 10-31-2004 at 05:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,771

    No Jr t's

    I would look for a used shiver dc from a few years ago or a used super t dude. way better damping. the ride of my super t is insanely nice.

    or you could look at the manitou stance kingpin it has 170mm of travel and tpc+ so it would be equally as sweet.
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    93

    uh.......

    not possible... i'm buying a jrt for u$ 400... in my country they cost at least u$ 700...... a used shiver here is at least u$ 700 too......and a used 2002 jrt is u$ 400 too....

  4. #4
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,771
    well then at least get a jr.t and up grade the cartidges in it to HSCVs and some point in the future
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

  5. #5
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    buy a used super T, or if you don't have a DH bike, just buy a closeout Z150 or Z1.

    5" of HSCV Z1 travel is far superior to 7" of Jr T SSVF travel.

    The damping system in the 2003 and 2004 Jr T is the same, there's not much difference, in fact the only real difference between 2003 and 2004 Jr Ts is that the 2004 brake arch is cut out more, allowing bigger tires up to a "real" 2.7" (intense, maxxis, etc).

    A used super T, used Z150, etc would be better. Jr Ts are mostly for OEM spec where a manufacturer wants to put a marzocchi on their bike, but the cost of the Super T would increase the retail price of the bike too much, so they simply put the Jr on there because it looks like a Super T.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  6. #6
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Im Getting A 2003 junior T
    I dont need top of the line.
    It doesent bottom out that easily, it has 7 inches, the damping sucks, but im not going to die.
    I normally would listen and get the better one, but in this case its all i can get.
    Its the same fork as the Super T, just different damping.
    I wouldent have to replace the damping due to breakadge...
    So im getting it.
    I wont NEED to spend anymore money on it then I already have so im satisfied.
    If you want to know Im buying it for 350 cdn... Perfect condition.

    and Oh buddy, get the 2004, newer is better.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by XMAG
    please!!!!!!!!!! Read it all beacuse i really need help!!!!!

    I planning to buy a jrt, is the only fork i can buy because other ones are really expensive for me

    I found 2 of them... One is a 2004 and the other one is 2003.....

    They are the same price: u$ 400

    I would be choosing the 2004, but there are some things about it that people don't like... Are anyone using this fork???????

    why 2003:
    - ssvf
    - ajusteble rebound (i'm 130 lbs... So the rebound is really fast for me)
    - people say that it is stronger than 2004... Is it??
    why not 2003:
    - more progressive damping (i prefer boxxer style forks)
    - older... More dificul to sell
    - don't come with integrated stem
    - non ajusteble lower crown high

    why 2004
    - more linear damping (and it is more sensitive, works better (damping))
    - easyer to sell (well... Itīs 2004!)
    - ajusteble lower crown high
    - comes with integrated stem
    why not 2004
    - people say it is very easy to bottom out
    - ssv
    - non ajusteble rebound.....
    - people say the bushings are realy weak, so the fork becomes flexyble (loose)
    - people say it do an horrible creaking sound when working

    Well... Actually i would be chossing the 2004, i don't buy it because it supposedly is weaker (bushings and bottom-out) and the rebound it too fast..... If i put a heavier oil and it works (become slow) it's ok.....

    What do you think?????
    I can beat that price for a 2004 JrT...$350 USD plus shipping. PM me if interested.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bugaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    506

    Got an 02 qr one

    that I'll sell for a $100.
    PM if interested

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    93

    Oh My God

    Is The Ssvf So Horrible As You All Are Saying??????

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by XMAG
    Is The Ssvf So Horrible As You All Are Saying??????
    Dude I'll beat your other price...the JR T is ok, I just wanted something bigger...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    93

    sucks?????

    i asked because people say the damping sucks and things like that.....

    man... it's difficult to me to buy an used fork.... and a fork that comes not from a store... because i live in other country.....

  12. #12
    i should be working
    Reputation: rpl3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    531
    get an '03 or '04 and dont sweat it unless you are racing. i got an 04 JrT and i think its fine. i rode dirt jumper 3's for a few years and the JrT is just a big dirt jumper.

    it takes the big hits.
    if you want the rebound slower put in heavier oil.
    find the right springs for your weight.
    also make sure the oil lever is right before you change the springs.

    just set it up and learn to ride it. everyone likes to have the best stuff but sometimes you just cant afford it.

    if you are on a budget you cant beat it. you can upgrade to cartridges if you like or when you get the money. but if you plan on upgrading right away then just look for a super t.

    also i'd buy new. you never know who did what horrible things to that used fork. i've done some horrible things to mine as i'm sure many of us have.

  13. #13
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by rpl3000
    get an '03 or '04 and dont sweat it unless you are racing. i got an 04 JrT and i think its fine. i rode dirt jumper 3's for a few years and the JrT is just a big dirt jumper.

    it takes the big hits.
    if you want the rebound slower put in heavier oil.
    find the right springs for your weight.
    also make sure the oil lever is right before you change the springs.

    just set it up and learn to ride it. everyone likes to have the best stuff but sometimes you just cant afford it.

    if you are on a budget you cant beat it. you can upgrade to cartridges if you like or when you get the money. but if you plan on upgrading right away then just look for a super t.

    also i'd buy new. you never know who did what horrible things to that used fork. i've done some horrible things to mine as i'm sure many of us have.
    close to what i have said.

    The damping doesent "suck", its just not top of the line, sure it spikes and has a un- smooth feel, but Its not stopping me from buying it, Like I said, im not going to die from its lack of damping.
    I wouldent see any problem gettting it, its what you can afford, same with me, but if you do get one, go 2004, its better to have it newer.
    And if The damping really pisses you off, save up more money and get hscv carts, super t.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  14. #14
    10001110101
    Reputation: marsb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    497

    super T

    I pitcked up a brand new '04 Super T for $500 shipped last month off of ebay. Look around, there are deals to be found.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    93

    Help Me Guys

    Witch One???

  16. #16
    Team
    Reputation: DHbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,194
    I have a 2003 Junior T that works great for $300 or best offer, send me an e-mail if you are interested. eatskisleep@gmail.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.