Junior T------->Super T and tuning Qs. (x-post shocks)- Mtbr.com
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Junior T------->Super T and tuning Qs. (x-post shocks)

And yes, I already searched some stuff, just have other questions.

So I'm on a fairly tight budget for a DC fork. Just won this off E-bay for a pretty good price. Enough that if I end up springing to upgrade one side to Super T cartridges, I still will have only spent about the same as to buy a similar decent shape Super anyhow.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=7148489827

So I've got some adjustable preload, and rebound. And an air cart on one side. I wanted to run air in one side anyhow, so I'm set there.

Seems like (from searching) the key to getting any decent performance out of a Junior is to run some lighter oil (I'd go down to 5wt.) and drill out the stock carts slightly. I'm coming off a Z-150, and am not really sure how much difference to expect, or if I'll really even notice. I'm not racing or anything; it'll be used during summer lift season, shuttle rides, and the once in a while pathetic huck attempt days.

Any other tips to maximize Junior T performance? If it ends up sucking, then yeah, I'll just go ahead and buy a Super cart for the one side.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

user-created
    I'd just get the cartridge. You'll be alot happier, especially coming from a cart fork.

BTW, I think you'll want to run a DC full time once you try one. At least on the 67.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    I'd just get the cartridge. You'll be alot happier, especially coming from a cart fork.

BTW, I think you'll want to run a DC full time once you try one. At least on the 67.

i suspect you're right on running it full time, at least on that bike. probably keep the z-150 around as a backup.

i like to tinker and mod stuff, so i'll probably play with it a bit first. at least a ride or two at hall, to get a feel for it. probably drill it and try it that way a ride or two. then have larry (ventanarama/mtn high cyclery) get me the cart.

i still ride the hardtail and my SS the majority of the time anyhow. so if the 67 stay DC all the time, i think i can deal with it.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Members who have read this thread: 0