Jumping, the technique ... how to.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Jumping, the technique ... how to.

Hello,

well, i'm begining to "introduce myself" to some jumps. Last sunday i tryied a big jump but i falled with my back and i'm all messed up...

Now, i would like to know what technique do you use in the jumps ... before the jump ... in the begining, during and in the reception of the jump ... Big jumps, Small jumps ...

Thanks for the support

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What type of bike do you have dude?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    A Specialized Big Hit 3 (stock )

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmodvm
    A Specialized Big Hit 3 (stock )
    go faster. and lean forward more..... keep your weight on the pedals when you are taking off, and when you land...

i say go faster because it is always better to over-shoot than to come up short.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    i say go faster because it is always better to over-shoot than to come up short.
    on dubs, but if he's jumping tables, I think a case is far safer when learning.

my only advice is to relax, trust the lip (don't fight it throwing you in the air), and visualize your flight. there are a million little details in between but in the end, your body will fly just fine if you let it and the more you start thinking about things, the less likely you'll relax and let it sail.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Glad to Be Alive
    get your skills sharpened on smaller stuff...ride w/better riders
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    on dubs, but if he's jumping tables, I think a case is far safer when learning.

my only advice is to relax, trust the lip (don't fight it throwing you in the air), and visualize your flight. there are a million little details in between but in the end, your body will fly just fine if you let it and the more you start thinking about things, the less likely you'll relax and let it sail.
    exactly...

stay LOOSE in the air. don't brace yourself for a smooth landing, you will probably eat **** or get really close if you stiffen up in the air thus landing crooked.

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    ride w/better riders
    excellent advice..... watch what they do and imitate, it will come
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Riding with...
    as ur front tire hits the lip lean back and pull back and hold the front end up higher and then when ur back tire airs the lip lean forward and push the bike forward so u land on the landing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Isn't the proper etiquette on this forum to wait until he posts a picture of himself dropping it, and then spend 70 posts arguing about how big it is? I mean, let's not jump the gun, without a pic of his bike in the air, we can't have photoshopped triagulations and geometrical equations showing why it's really 2 feet and not 22 feet.
    "Quick, pass the bike up again so i can hit it before it starts to hurt!!"

AIM: Haroracer842

Riding with...
    as ur front tire hits the lip lean back and pull back and hold the front end up higher and then when ur back tire airs the lip lean forward and push the bike forward so u land on the landing
    Isn't the proper etiquette on this forum to wait until he posts a picture of himself dropping it, and then spend 70 posts arguing about how big it is? I mean, let's not jump the gun, without a pic of his bike in the air, we can't have photoshopped triagulations and geometrical equations showing why it's really 2 feet and not 22 feet.

Riding with...

moaaar shimz
    3 posts for that?

SPAMMER

SNOWRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    3 posts for that?

SPAMMER
    Thats just because he knows that some people need to read it 3 times in order to comprehend !!
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Deweydude
    Thats just because he knows that some people need to read it 3 times in order to comprehend !!
    I read it three times, but it still sounds wrong.

The original poster said he kept landing on his back. I say he's pulling up too hard and needs to suck up the lip and stay forward. Don't jerk up on the bars, instead stay centered with your head always over the center of the bike, no matter what the angle.

For more height, push into the lip, then spring up and forward with your legs.

Don't ride "ON" the bike, instead use it as an extention of your body.
    Last edited by TWISTED; 06-13-2006 at 09:59 PM.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    I read it three times, but it still sounds wrong.

The original poster said he kept landing on his back. I say he's pulling up too hard and needs to suck up the lip and stay forward. Don't jerk up on the bars, instead stay centered with your head always over the center of the bike, no matter what the angle.

For more height, push into the lip, then spring up and forward with your legs.

Don't ride "ON" the bike, instead use it as an extention of your body.
    better to land like he did than to go OTB and take a digger w/ all the downward momentum one has landing a dubb. but if you stay loose you will be able to balance out a lot easier (like, so you land perfect on the tranny).

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thank you all, really!!!!
    I'll try tomorrow on a table jump ... i need to get more loose ... when i'm riding i find myself very stiff, my legs are like steel. i must better that ...

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmodvm
    Thank you all, really!!!!
    I'll try tomorrow on a table jump ... i need to get more loose ... when i'm riding i find myself very stiff, my legs are like steel. i must better that ...
    dead sailors are baaad. flow wit it.

Members who have read this thread: 0