Juicy 7 Question- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    200

    Juicy 7 Question

    I got some 7's and the know on the front brake doesnt turn. They are brand new, I messed around with them to get the knobs set right then, I dont know what happend but the front doesnt turn either way now. It still works and I know I didnt over tighten it. Any ideas on how to get them working? Im thinking about sending them back and getting a new one if I cant figure it out.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by cake96861
    I got some 7's and the know on the front brake doesnt turn. They are brand new, I messed around with them to get the knobs set right then, I dont know what happend but the front doesnt turn either way now. It still works and I know I didnt over tighten it. Any ideas on how to get them working? Im thinking about sending them back and getting a new one if I cant figure it out.
    did you spread the pads with a screw driver??


    that's why i got juicy 5's

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation: 29Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    did you spread the pads with a screw driver??


    that's why i got juicy 5's
    Yeah... pads spread out?

    Why did you get the juicy 5's?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Colossus
    Yeah... pads spread out?

    Why did you get the juicy 5's?
    i know a lot about brakes, but haven't worked on 7's. you should post in the brake forum.

    i purchased 5's because the dial adj. on 7's was a feature i did not think i needed. the performance is the same.

  5. #5
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,508
    Could be dirt in the mechanism. If you don't want to/don't know how to rebuild it, just bring it to your shop and have them call up SRAM. They should send you a new unit free of charge.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    i know a lot about brakes, but haven't worked on 7's. you should post in the brake forum.

    i purchased 5's because the dial adj. on 7's was a feature i did not think i needed. the performance is the same.
    i agree, i plan on getting juicy 5s for my bike instead of the 7s. but if avid comes out with a 2caliper brake i'll spring for that

  7. #7
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,508
    2 caliper brake? Why would you need 2 calipers for one rotor? Do you mean 2 pistons? The Juicys are opposing 2 pistons. The new Codes are opposing 4 pistons.

    The knob is nice to have. I hate uneven lever pull, and turning a knob is much simpler than rebleeding.

  8. #8
    Innovate or die!
    Reputation: j6105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    702
    my god XSL_WILL that girl in your avitar is insanely anorexic..... ughhh.....

    juicy 7's typically are made with higher quality standards and some parts are not forged like 5's, hence the decent weigh difference.

    SRAM is very nice about warranty, give them a call, they know better than we do.
    170mm profile crankset, silver king headset barely used, new blackspire chainguide, old version hope mini brakes---- all for sale at i-wanna-get-rid-of-it prices. I'm gone all of july after the 10th, other than that PM me if interested.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    200
    Thanks for all the replies, I talked to SRAM and it maybe that the knob overturned and got stuck. They told me what to do to fix it and if it doesnt work then to send it back.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    2 caliper brake? Why would you need 2 calipers for one rotor? Do you mean 2 pistons? The Juicys are opposing 2 pistons. The new Codes are opposing 4 pistons.

    The knob is nice to have. I hate uneven lever pull, and turning a knob is much simpler than rebleeding.
    yeah thats what i meant, my bad. cool feature but i don't need it.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by cake96861
    Thanks for all the replies, I talked to SRAM and it maybe that the knob overturned and got stuck. They told me what to do to fix it and if it doesnt work then to send it back.
    May I ask what they said to do? Same issue here.

  12. #12
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    I suggest giving Avid a call...they're really good about these things.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.