Job Interview Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Job Interview Help

I am applying for a part time job at a local bike shop and im wondering if any of you know what they would ask during the interview. The worst i can think of is, why do you want to work here?, how would i answer a question like this and still sound good. Anyhow thanks

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by RuNDmC1087
    I am applying for a part time job at a local bike shop and im wondering if any of you know what they would ask during the interview. The worst i can think of is, why do you want to work here?, how would i answer a question like this and still sound good. Anyhow thanks
    Tell them their is so much you want to learn about bikes. You think a job with with bikes wouldn't seam like a job a all even on the days that are really tough
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Tell them their is so much you want to learn about bikes. You think a job with with bikes wouldn't seam like a job a all even on the days that are really tough
    Tell them that you wrench your own bikes too, that way they think you're atleast somewhat mechanically inclined to do things....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Tell them you want to work there for extra drug money so you can purchase your dope and still have money left over for ramon noodles.That's gotten me many a job, of course it was for jobs as a drug dealer
    Emancipate yuorself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. -Robert Nesta Marleyundefinedundefined

mtbr member
    May 2004
    most likely the first thing they will ask you is if you have any experience.

Team Sanchez
    First make sure and list all your skills.....you know....that you're pretty good with a bow staff, and numchucks. Then tell them that if they hire you, all their wildest dreams will come true.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    First make sure and list all your skills.....you know....that you're pretty good with a bow staff, and numchucks. Then tell them that if they hire you, all their wildest dreams will come true.
    Dude - there you have it, advice straight from a headhunter... the job is yours.

I'd tell them that it's because bike shops always have a bunch of stuff laying around, you know - the kind of stuff that never gets used and just goes to waste - the occasional Chris King headset, spare disk brakes, old forks, etc... and that you think it would be a really cool fringe benefit to be able to build up bikes for yourself out of these "spare" parts, only during non-busy hours of course, oh, and don't forget to mention that you've always had an affinity for Pantera and lunch time clam bake sessions...

mtbr member
    I did the same thing. Just tell them that Mountian Biking is your favorite thing and you would love to work doing something that is your favorite.
    Sully

Xtremely Moderate
    My advice:

Don't ask members of this forum for advice on how to get a job.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    My advice:

Don't ask members of this forum for advice on how to get a job.
    haha!
    best advice yet!