Jeep KOM...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Jeep KOM...

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Jeep KOM...

I was watching some TV this afternoon and stumbled on the Jeep King of the Mountain coverage on CBS and it was..........unwatchable.

The coverage was so poor. It re-iterated to me just how much solid events in this sport need better coverage from people who know and follow bikes, instead of some 45 year old woman trying to act and dress as though she is 25. I love bikes and bike racing, but I changed the channel. If ABC can make golf somewhat interesting, why is it that mountain biking sucks so bad on TV? Something needs to change - put 4X on TV. NORBA needs to adopt the 4X races and ditch the dual slalom.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    I was watching some TV this afternoon and stumbled on the Jeep King of the Mountain coverage on CBS and it was..........unwatchable.

The coverage was so poor. It re-iterated to me just how much solid events in this sport need better coverage from people who know and follow bikes, instead of some 45 year old woman trying to act and dress as though she is 25. I love bikes and bike racing, but I changed the channel. If ABC can make golf somewhat interesting, why is it that mountain biking sucks so bad on TV? Something needs to change - put 4X on TV. NORBA needs to adopt the 4X races and ditch the dual slalom.
    I agree, i just watched it...It sucked. Then need to get Dh racing and Freeriding competitions on, show america what real biking is about. 4x would be good too, much better than those slolam races, they sucked.

Members who have read this thread: 0