Jayme's Ladder Drop (pics)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Jayme's Ladder Drop (pics)

Dig this pic. I finished my new ladder drop in my back yard the other night (10' long roll up, 12' of flat, 4 1/2 foot drop to flat) and finally got to ride it a few times over the weekend. The other evening were out there riding and messing around and my chick goes "I'll try it...What? I ain't scared" So hesitantly I go "arright". I give her my bike, my helmet, some shinguards and a chest protector. She's a kick ass trail rider but has never done anything bigger than a log drop and hasn't ridden at all in months as we have a 4 1/2 month old little boy. So she goes airborn off the roll up, lands crossed up on the flat and rolls off with one foot on the pedal but lands it. You could hear the cringes and "Holy ****!!...Oh my God!!" from me and my friends for miles. She goes back around 3 or 4 more times and pins it everytime so I had to post her pic and give her props. Effin' awesome...you got A LOTTA heart Jayme!! (sorry the pic isn't great)

You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

No longer riding a haro!
    Aug 2004
    You should build a lander....
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much space.

Glad to Be Alive
    come on now,,,,, you build that............. mind as well finish it with a landing
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 06-03-2005 at 08:37 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2004
    drops to flat are rad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    come on now you build that mind as well finish it with a landing
    It's coming...I just finished it thursday before the holiday weekend so I've only ridden it a few times. Still gotta spot where I'm landing to start the tranny. Fun ladder tho. Here's one of me hittin it. (another kinda crappy picture)

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo13
    It's coming...I just finished it thursday before the holiday weekend so I've only ridden it a few times. Still gotta spot where I'm landing to start the tranny. Fun ladder tho. Here's one of me hittin it. (another kinda crappy picture)
    I would dig the transition down into the ground to make it a bigger drop....now that would be sweet
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

kona-tize me captain
    i give props to ur lady friend. im also diggin ur bike there, sweet wheels. question though.
    thoughs posts that are holding it up, how deep do they go into the ground? it seems pretty solid to me
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    d@mm i wish my girl biked

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    i give props to ur lady friend. im also diggin ur bike there, sweet wheels. question though.
    thoughs posts that are holding it up, how deep do they go into the ground? it seems pretty solid to me
    Yea it's sturdy as heck....I buried the posts like 2 1/2 feet in the ground. They're some old railroad bridge posts my Dad got from someone back in the day...like 16 inches in diameter so they work great for building ladders and stuff. Didn't need any lateral supports at all. I've still got a pile of 'em in the back yard so I'm going to build some more stuff with 'em for sure. Thanks for the props on my bike and my girl.

Bionic Mtn Biker

Looks sturdy

Damn, judging by the pic, it seems that your ladder drop is built to last and looks park-quality. With all the spare posts & lumber, just build more stunts of the same quality and then start charging admission!

BTW, you have one helluva cool girl by your side! Not many GUYS would have the confidence to try out a 4 footer to flat for the first time on impulse, so big props to your girl, too. Looks like you need to get her her own set of pads, a full face helmet, and an 8" travel bike .
    Better than he was before. Better. . . Stronger. . . Faster. (but not smarter)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6milliondollarman
    Damn, judging by the pic, it seems that your ladder drop is built to last and looks park-quality. With all the spare posts & lumber, just build more stunts of the same quality and then start charging admission!

BTW, you have one helluva cool girl by your side! Not many GUYS would have the confidence to try out a 4 footer to flat for the first time on impulse, so big props to your girl, too. Looks like you need to get her her own set of pads, a full face helmet, and an 8" travel bike .
    Haha...Dude that is awesome for you to say. Thanks alot. Much appreciation for the props to her and my stunts. I'm also workin on a trail in my woods right now with some jumps, drops, berms, skinnies etc. Doin it a little at a time but it should be fun when we get it done. (pics will follow) heh.
    And you're right she is an awesome chick...takes a lotta guts to take a drop like that. I think she's gettin the "bug" now so hopefully pretty soon we'll be shoppin for a bike and a full faced helmet. But she RIPS the trails as it is. Thanks again bro and if you're ever on the east coast look us up and come ride. L8R.
    - JJ

mtbr member

Another Pic

Here's another pic I managed to scrap from the video...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo13
    Here's another pic I managed to scrap from the video...

SWEEEEEEEEETTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!