Iron horse yakuza aniki- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Iron horse yakuza aniki

Is this bike a good freeride bike. I'm not a pro by any means but not a beginer, i've got a lot of biking experience but its mostly xc with some dh/fr stuff but would like to keep going bigger. I have no problem doing some freeriding on my rocky mountain element 30 but its a fairly fragile bike so i want to get something burlyier. My pocket isnt very deep so thats why i'm thinking an aniki. I really like the feel of a more xc type bike over the more sluggish dh bikes i've ridden. Ill probably be riding mostly at local freeride spots and keystone so thats the kind of abuse it would take. Also what size would i need i'm about 6'2 and 175, i tried a iron horse 7.5 in a size 17 frame and it felt right so would that be the right size for me. Also were there any upgrades from 06 to 07 its about a 300 dollar differnce so is that worth it. Thanks for any help.

Bike Hustler
    My bro just got a Yakuza kumicho for 1150 shipped from RS cycles and he's loving it. Take a good look at the difference in where the shock meets the rear stays... I think the kumicho is a far superior design for not much more.
    SHAM-WOW

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    My buddy got a kumichiko as well and I likes it. The Super T fork is nice. I've done all the suspension set up on it for him. It's heavier than my stinky but beefier. Something to think about if you're going to be pedaling at all: The Iron Horse design does not allow much seatpost adjustment and it's a single chainring. The Kona-styles do offer full seatpost and dual chainring. If you're shuttling all the time it won't matter but if you climb from time to time to get to your drops it's nice to have the versatility of something like a Stinky. Iron Horse makes a great bike though. Best of luck!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    ya the kumichiko looks like a good bike and is what im aiming to buy but if i can et an aniki for 600 and ill be happy wiht it i would do that but im not sure if thats the good thing to do

When in doubt, go faster
    Unless your the type to upgrade and tweek, just ket the Kumicho or Sohn Bahumeowhat-ever-it-is. The aniki is a killer frame but the components need to be swapped.

Members who have read this thread: 0