Iron Horse Sunday Elite- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Iron Horse Sunday Elite

Hey what do you guys think about the Sunday Elite? im looking for a bomb proof downhill rig thats around 35-40 pounds or less of course. upto 6 grand is my limit im open to any opinions,
    cheers
    Mike

Premium Member
    Why not the Sunday World Cup? It's lighter, the Elite is definately over 40.

But first, what kind of riding are you doing? Style? Location? Height? Weight? Previous bikes?

Sundays are great, but they're not for everybody or every kind of riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah the WC braks 40, but if weight is your goal, there is alot more options

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Are you purchasing the bike for DH specific racing or freeriding? Your skill level? Trails ridden? Another question- If $6,000 is your budget, why not purchase a frameset and build it up to your specs??? http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/SundayFrames.html

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Good job!

I live in Australia, im 16, i mainly do downhill freeriding, i looking into racing, i do alot of jumping, i am also considering the 7points or even 6 points. the bighit FSR II is another bike i am looking into along with the norco shores and a- line.
    Weight isnt that impartant, i have a X O drivetrain and also holzfellors, alog with monkeybar lites, so i would put them on anyway.
    so thats it any advice would be great thanks
    P.S the -- 6000 is in US

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It sounds like a sunday really wouldn't fit you. And with a 6 grand budget you could really do anything you'd like. Sounds like the 7 point is more your kinda thing. More specifically, what else are you looking for. Telling us your into downhill freeriding and that you got a 6G budget doesn't really help too much. What kinda geometry are you looking for, i.e. low and slack, high and steep?

Premium Member
    The 7point definately sounds better for you. Also check out the Specialized SX Trail and Demo 7, they would work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    the kind of bike im looking for is stable in the air, corner good at high speed, im not really sure about geo sorry. I probaly do more freeriding and jumping than downhill if that helps but i am a very keen down hiller. I have a hardtail whichs takes care of most of my jumping needs.
    i am going off the idea of a sunday and more towards a 7 point 5
    thanks alot guys

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yes, a Demo 7 sounds like it would work very well for you. If your looking for a bit more boutique, maybe a Turner Highline.

N* Bomber Crew
    The best way to keep bike weight down is to buy "less bike" so to speak.

The 7Point7 screams your name, its a extremley versatile bike. I mean, I'd even DH race with it.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The 7 point 7 is really what i want but im not sure about the fork, im a real 66 man, what do you guys think about the totems, are they heavier than 66's, they look very bulky, which does mean strength i suppose but are they any stronger than 66's. i have a friend who is selling 66 RC2X 's so i might just swap them with him.
    cheers guys
    mike

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Mike- I believe you are wise to steer yourself towards the 7.7! It sounds like a bike that best suits YOUR needs. I believe the 66, Totem.... RC2X..... would make great forks for the front end of a 7 point. Don't stress that part of the decision. I wouldn't stress the added few grams of weight on the Totem either!!!

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_freerider
    The 7 point 7 is really what i want but im not sure about the fork, im a real 66 man, what do you guys think about the totems, are they heavier than 66's, they look very bulky, which does mean strength i suppose but are they any stronger than 66's. i have a friend who is selling 66 RC2X 's so i might just swap them with him.
    cheers guys
    mike
    You could EASILY Trade a Totem 2-Step Air for a 66RC2X.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Demo 7
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    why not get two bikes? one for freeride/dirt jump and one DH specific... keep some of the parts the same and just swap them form bike to bike when you go to ride different areas/diifferent races/comps ect...??? i say get a transition bottle rocket for your light freeride/jumping/around the neighbourhood deal and look into a 2008 shore.... but someone up there had a point.... the demo 7 is wicked, try building one of those up yourself and get an adjustable for like the totem 140-180, and highly tuneable rear suspension like the roco tst r or the manitou revox? thos just be my two cents mon.

go huck yourself
    bottlerocket or highline
    Dirt jumps come and go, but dirt junkies will dig forever.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    thanks guys,
    yeh i have always loved the bottle rocket, and i like the look of the highline. But i think im going to just get a 7point 7, and use my hardtail for dirt and freeride, when i break it i will probaly get a transition. What do you guys think about 50XX's?
    Cheers
    Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0