Intense Uzzi SLX and eastcoast riding- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Intense Uzzi SLX and eastcoast riding

Just bought an Intense Uzzi SLX with a Fox Forx Vanilla R and Fox Vanilla RC on the back. Had an Intense Tracer before. I live in northeast PA and it will be used mostly for technical trail riding, some freeride, and beg./sport dh events. Any suggestions on setup with the adjutable geometry for what I'll be using it for. Also, should I expect a big difference in terms of being able to pop quick 5 foot or so wheelie drops, confidence on technical dh trails, and overall ride on techincal xc singletrack from the tracer. Thanks fro your input.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRexford
    Just bought an Intense Uzzi SLX with a Fox Forx Vanilla R and Fox Vanilla RC on the back. Had an Intense Tracer before. I live in northeast PA and it will be used mostly for technical trail riding, some freeride, and beg./sport dh events. Any suggestions on setup with the adjutable geometry for what I'll be using it for. Also, should I expect a big difference in terms of being able to pop quick 5 foot or so wheelie drops, confidence on technical dh trails, and overall ride on techincal xc singletrack from the tracer. Thanks fro your input.
    I ride an 01 SLX w/ the Vanilla RC. My XC bike is a Haro Werks XCS(Tracer w/ monocoque top tube). First off I'd want more fork than the Vanilla R. On my SLX I just went from an 02 JrT to an 03 SuperT. I run the short wheel base and the shock linkage in the middle hole. The seat pod is in the front hole. It's less comfortable but the linkage will hit the bottom of the seatpost/seat pod if it's set back.
    The SLX feels alot heavier than the Tracer while riding but you can just plow over things you couldn't on the Tracer. With that short of a fork you may want to experiment with the head angle. Get a telescoping seatpost. I made one but you can buy them in a 31.6 now.
    You will love it. I suggest building up the SLX more for freeride/downhill and have the Tracer as your XC bike.

just lean back and ...

Good job!

did you get that thing built up yet kelly. paul got your old frame powdercoated black and he bought new stickers from intense. i looks &*%$ing sweet. by the way the slx handles 7' drops easily. (with a tranny)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    how bad could it hurt/ i've got good insurance.

mtbr member
    Sweet!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0