intense pivot bolt in portes du soliel- Mtbr.com
    sex pest
    Mar 2007

intense pivot bolt in portes du soliel

Yeah, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. One of the pivot bolts from the upper link of my uzzi vpx was lost on a trail today and I have no idea where to get one. Does anyone know of anywhere within a few hours drive of Les Crosets that may stock the kit or possibly any leads on picking up a single one. Any info would be much appreciated as I have a week left and will go nuts not riding. Cheers.

Commit or eat sh!t
    You can get a regular bolt (plus washer) of exact thread count/size from most hardware stores. It won't be aluminium, so you have to be careful (it will probably be one of those regular looking bolts). Use grease on the threads, and carefully thread it in.

Then when you get home you can order the replacement from your dealer.

mtbr member
    Try the shop in Champéry and ask for Lolo.

sex pest
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the info guys, will try Champery in the morning. Should that be a no go and since my mechanical knowledge went down with the titanic, does anyone no the thread pitch etc of the bolt? I've tried to find out but to no avail.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby309er
    Thanks for the info guys, will try Champery in the morning. Should that be a no go and since my mechanical knowledge went down with the titanic, does anyone no the thread pitch etc of the bolt? I've tried to find out but to no avail.
    bring the other bolt with you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    or in morzine is a intense shop right down by the white gondola.. but the shop in champery is always top!!
    :thumbsup:
    ride.

sex pest
    Mar 2007
    Yeah the shop in Champery under the lift sorted me out. They didn't have the specific bolt but the fella actually went and got a bolt cut for me when he was meant to be on his break. How's that for service? Honestly can't praise him, forgot to get his name, enough. Wish my LBS was a quarter as good. Happy as a pig in the proverbial.

mtbr member
    It was either Lolo or Brice. Those guys are some sick mechanics.

Members who have read this thread: 0