Important for Thule T-2 bike rack users- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

Important for Thule T-2 bike rack users

If you are tired having your rack bounce up and down over bumps then I had a machine shop make me a problem solver. I used the design of the old Sportworks rack. ( If you didn't know ...Sportsworks made the racks and then sold the patent to Thule) ...the sportworks racks had this device below (picture of old one) ...basically you tighten the bolt and the pin comes up and locks rack to inside of the hitch on vehicle.....this stops the rack bouncing and now bike rack moves in sync with shock of cars....all you do is drill 2 holes......super easy....if anyone wants one ...then let me know...they are 20 each with shipping....I don't make a penny off them because I am not building tons of them...all the money goes toward shipping and the machinist....PM me if anyone would be interested...anybody that had the old sportswork T-2 racks can chime in and say how good they work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Important  for Thule T-2 bike rack users-t2.jpg  

the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    If you are tired having your rack bounce up and down over bumps then I had a machine shop make me a problem solver. I used the design of the old Sportworks rack. ( If you didn't know ...Sportsworks made the racks and then sold the patent to Thule) ...the sportworks racks had this device below (picture of old one) ...basically you tighten the bolt and the pin comes up and locks rack to inside of the hitch on vehicle.....this stops the rack bouncing and now bike rack moves in sync with shock of cars....all you do is drill 2 holes......super easy....if anyone wants one ...then let me know...they are 20 each with shipping....I don't make a penny off them because I am not building tons of them...all the money goes toward shipping and the machinist....PM me if anyone would be interested...anybody that had the old sportswork T-2 racks can chime in and say how good they work

SMT,
    Which size receiver is that thing for, the 1.25" one or the 2" one? Looks like the smaller one...?
    Can you or anyone else post a pic of how and where that thing is suppose to be mounted? I'm not visualizing what you're saying to do.

Glad to Be Alive
    works on 2 inch receiver...will take more pictures later
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    SMT,
    Which size receiver is that thing for, the 1.25" one or the 2" one? Looks like the smaller one...?
    Can you or anyone else post a pic of how and where that thing is suppose to be mounted? I'm not visualizing what you're saying to do.
    Looks like that metal stock goes into the actual t-2 square tube. Then run the bolt through the reciever and T-2 square tube and into the metal stock. Tighten as required. My T-2 came with a nut already welded to the inside of the square tube. And my Thule hitch pin is already threaded. Great idea though.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    works on 2 inch receiver...will take more pictures later
    Ah, okay. I'm on the 1.25" one, which is a solid bar on the T2.

mtbr member
    Ii use these on my racks. Locks the rack solid to the receiver hitch with no play.
    Anti-Rattle Trailer Hitch Receiver Lock for 2" Hitches - 2-5/8" Span Lets Go Aero Locks 63232

WATERBOARDING WORKS

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hueychief View Post
    Ii use these on my racks. Locks the rack solid to the receiver hitch with no play.
    Anti-Rattle Trailer Hitch Receiver Lock for 2" Hitches - 2-5/8" Span Lets Go Aero Locks 63232

does that even work

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
    Looks like that metal stock goes into the actual t-2 square tube. Then run the bolt through the reciever and T-2 square tube and into the metal stock. Tighten as required. My T-2 came with a nut already welded to the inside of the square tube. And my Thule hitch pin is already threaded. Great idea though.
    the thule rack comes with a bolt that locks it to side of hitch....they sell products that do same thing...trying to lock them down....they do stop the side to side action....but they don't stop the up and down movement....what I have does

mtbr member
    I'll add my .02

If you put a penny on the side and underneath the part of the rack that goes into the receiver, it will eliminate any play. It's a lot cheaper too. Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn View Post
    I'll add my .02

If you put a penny...
    what about the other penny?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    One on the side and one underneath

Pro Crastinator
    ha. reading comprehension is your friend kids...

Pedal through the Pain
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    What other penny? He didn't even give a whole penny's worth of advice, only .02 of a cent. Had he given $.02, he could use both pennies inside the hitch, lol.

Pro Crastinator
    ok, well maybe he isn't your friend...

Pivotal figure
    ^Pure gold!
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude