I'm soo stuck with something soo easy- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

I'm soo stuck with something soo easy

I got the easy part off but I don't kno how to take off the bottom part. Please help

If you think you can
    That's weird. I would first try unbolting the upper silver link from the rear triangle and the frame then see how the shock is mounted.

meow meow
    my guess is that if you take that silver link off it will just pull apart in half. just a guess though, pm moosey, i think he rides one of those.

Glad to Be Alive
    take a clearer pic of inside of link....but you have to take that swing link off ...that is definate
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

CoolArrow
    Are you trying to take out the shock? Look on the other side, there's another bolt to loosen in the middle of the link - it's the one that mounts the shock to the silver link.
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard website

Moose Member
    yea its a one sided bolt through there, just check the other side. i just took my shock off that same bike, no big deal.

While your at it, i just learned that you can flip the silver link and make your bike lower and more slack. its worth a look if you haven't done it already...

the discerning hooligan
    Scruff, if your new at this remember that whenever you're putting a bolt back on your bike it needs some type of prep...either loc-tite ,or greese, or anti seize compound. I always turn them backwards until I feel the bolt drop into the recieving threads. Steel bolts can wreck aluminum threads real quick like.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=While your at it, i just learned that you can flip the silver link and make your bike lower and more slack. its worth a look if you haven't done it already...[/QUOTE]

+1

This is true and gives you additional travel too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    Are you trying to take out the shock? Look on the other side, there's another bolt to loosen in the middle of the link - it's the one that mounts the shock to the silver link.
    Wow... I feel dumb...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    yea its a one sided bolt through there, just check the other side. i just took my shock off that same bike, no big deal.

While your at it, i just learned that you can flip the silver link and make your bike lower and more slack. its worth a look if you haven't done it already...
    Can u show a pic of what u mean by flip the link?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    How do I remove the spring from the shock? There is a twist thing blocking it. I tried to see if it would twist off but I don't know if I should force it.

For The Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerfhearder View Post
    How do I remove the spring from the shock? There is a twist thing blocking it. I tried to see if it would twist off but I don't know if I should force it.
    Loosen the preload ring (above the coil) as much as you can, and that will give you enough room to slide the spring upwards giving you access to the lower spring plate, which just slides off the main shaft.
    Slow is cool too, right?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyFTW View Post
    Loosen the preload ring (above the coil) as much as you can, and that will give you enough room to slide the spring upwards giving you access to the lower spring plate, which just slides off the main shaft.
    Ya I got that part but look.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326573143.078079.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  26.1 KB

I don't know how to get it past this.

Pro Crastinator
    there is an allen head fastener in the top of the thumbscrew that you remove to remove the thumbscrew...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    there is an allen head fastener in the top of the thumbscrew that you remove to remove the thumbscrew...
    Ya I tried and didn't kno if I should force it. But now I kno that's how to do it.
    Wow but now that I got that off the part that connects it to the link is in the way. **** it's like one thing after another

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    plus 1
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Ya I tried and didn't kno if I should force it. But now I kno that's how to do it.
    Wow but now that I got that off the part that connects it to the link is in the way. **** it's like one thing after another
    spray whole thing with a lubricant....or at least just the parts that move....tighten the bolt just a little and then loosen...don't strip this...when you tighten just snug...don't over tighten

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    spray whole thing with a lubricant....or at least just the parts that move....tighten the bolt just a little and then loosen...don't strip this...when you tighten just snug...don't over tighten
    So I did that and literally with no force I think the rebound adjuster broke.

I'm not really mad but I can't find replacement PARTS. I don't want to replace the whole thing so where can I find the replacement part.

Glad to Be Alive
    So I did that and literally with no force I think the rebound adjuster broke.

I'm not really mad but I can't find replacement PARTS. I don't want to replace the whole thing so where can I find the replacement part.
    worth it...just send in the shock and get it rebuilt with new bushings and hardware

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Ok thnx shiv

maker of trail
    Oh and the mounting hard ware (the thing that connects to the link), the two sleeves should just come off and the shaft will need to be pushed out of the bushing (Ie sideways). Its can be a bit tight, but will come out. Using a deep socket that will go over the shaft and a vise can help!

mtbr member
    That rebound adjuster shaft works the rebound needle. If you do try to install a new shaft make sure you let the pressure out of the IPF chamber (assuming this is a Marzocchi Roco) or the rebound needle will be in the way of the installation.
    Come to think of it the needle might be in the way right now. Hard luck on that failure.
    Hope you can get it fixed easily.

I had to pull one of these apart to replace the rebound needle o ring and I was very worried about breaking the main shaft trying to get the eyelet end off. Even with heat.
    Worked out well in the end though.

there is a pdf here that shows a rebuild. It helped me. Watch for the pop ups and possible virus. I can't locate it where I first found it sorry.
    Marzocchi Roco WC Rebuild - Version 1.pdf
    Good Luck.

mtbr member
    PS; Heed all the warnings. If you have not worked on a shock before............

If you find a replacement and the shock is not leaking you may be able to replace that adjuster.
    Let the IPF pressure out.

There is a cap (sometimes missing) on the opposing side of the eyelet. Removing that might help.

You might have to gently push the rebound needle up into the main shaft (it may not move far enough I can't remember) to get it out of the way. It should be silver and easy to spot if it is in the way. If you can't get it out of the way then the eyelet will have to come off and the job becomes bigger. Beware they are locktighted on good. A few broken shaft pics floating around.

The remaining part of the adjuster is threaded. Hopefully you can grip it somehow and spin it right on out.

After replacement, assembly and the IPF chamber pressure is set the shock may have to be cycled a few times to get the rebound needle to stroke back to the adjuster.

I would hope Marzocchi would be happy to sell you the broken part.
    Find a phone number and contact Marzocchi directly.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fermenter View Post
    PS; Heed all the warnings. If you have not worked on a shock before............

If you find a replacement and the shock is not leaking you may be able to replace that adjuster.
    Let the IPF pressure out.

There is a cap (sometimes missing) on the opposing side of the eyelet. Removing that might help.

You might have to gently push the rebound needle up into the main shaft (it may not move far enough I can't remember) to get it out of the way. It should be silver and easy to spot if it is in the way. If you can't get it out of the way then the eyelet will have to come off and the job becomes bigger. Beware they are locktighted on good. A few broken shaft pics floating around.

The remaining part of the adjuster is threaded. Hopefully you can grip it somehow and spin it right on out.

After replacement, assembly and the IPF chamber pressure is set the shock may have to be cycled a few times to get the rebound needle to stroke back to the adjuster.

I would hope Marzocchi would be happy to sell you the broken part.
    Find a phone number and contact Marzocchi directly.

Cheers!
    Ya I think I'm just going to send it in lol and practice on something else lol

Members who have read this thread: 0