I Need New Bike/selling Mine- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

I Need New Bike/selling Mine

Alright well I've recently bought my wingcomp pro from a bike shop close by for about 400$ just to get myself started and see what'sup. Well I enjoy riding and all but now I'm stuck with this Walmart specialty and it really does me no good. Almost every weekend I hit up the valley for some freeride and downhill fun; drops, ride-downs, rock gardens. All of that fun stuff, but my bike isn't doing me any good anymore. Everytime I go riding I come out with something screwed up cuz it's a cheap bike. Now i want a new bike and get rid of this one. My budget is still relatively cheap (800 at most) and to help me out I was thinking of selling the gooser, for like 250$ (it's in good condition, just a replaced rear wheel and a few scrapes here n there but still very rideable). So if anyone is interested in the Wingcomp or has any advice I'de appreciate the post. Thx.

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    http://www.stanleyfearns.co.uk/2006b...ing%20comp.jpg

brendon's goose hes only had this bike for a month and hes already beating the crap out of it, he needs a more muscular bike

mtbr member
    you can buy my Gemini, perfect for you applications, i'll sell you the frame, shocks (DHX 5 and a vanilla R), and crankset for $425
    New Nemesis Project Streetfighter: $500 with headset, email [email protected]

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    what year?

mtbr member
    its a 2004, large, matte black, only gotten light use, few scratches, no dings etc. Oh yea, and it comes with the gemini specific E13 boomerang if you want to put an e13 guide on it. crankset is just the one that came stock. seatpost/clamp included of course. Heres a pic of it from a few months ago.

email me if interested, [email protected]

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    idk, i'm not sure how i'de feel just buyin a frame, crank, shocks n whatnot then collecting all the rest of the parts. I think i'm gonna look for a complete bike at first. sick bike tho
    Last edited by GWMutt01; 10-27-2006 at 11:29 AM.

ouch
    that's a good deal.

Glad to Be Alive
    your budget + what you want to do = used stinky
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    A used Gemini would fit the bill as well. I have been thinking of selling mine in that range but the problem is that I still can't afford the M3 or R9 that I want...maybe at the end of next season...

Tom

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GWMutt01
    idk, i'm not sure how i'de feel just buyin a frame, crank, shocks n whatnot then collecting all the rest of the parts. I think i'm gonna look for a complete bike at first. sick bike tho
    yea if you don't want to go and buy the rest of the parts I'd go with what shiver said, if you want a complete FR bike in your budget, go used, and go with a stinky.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Well since I'm new I assumed that buying the brakes, new fork, handlebars and whatever else would amount to more than my budget. If someone could show me what would be a good setup for my budget I'de appreciate that much. The Gemini is definately a sick bike that I'de want to get I just assumed that getting a complete would do better for my budget.

mtbr member
    Well since I'm new I assumed that buying the brakes, new fork, handlebars and whatever else would amount to more than my budget. If someone could show me what would be a good setup for my budget I'de appreciate that much. The Gemini is definately a sick bike that I'de want to get I just assumed that getting a complete would do better for my budget.
    going complete would be probably better for your budget, just $800 for a complete good FR bike that'll hold up will be rough to find. One thats not beat to sh!t that is, the good thing about doing custom builds is that if you've ridden enough you know what specific parts you want in a bike. If you've got a good idea of what you want check out pricepoint for other parts. If you think complete will get you started in the right direction then go ebay.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    k, any suggestions?

Meh.
    Hardtail. You'll get the most for your money and the least number of things to worry about. It will also make you a smoother and better rider.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Hardtail. You'll get the most for your money and the least number of things to worry about. It will also make you a smoother and better rider.
    yea, thats actually why I'm getting rid of my Gemini, going HT, just got the dobe in today

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hardtail? wouldn't that be kinda rough for the stuff i wanna do tho? I like fs, nice n smooth even tho full suspension is usually where the money is, but i'm open for suggestions

mtbr member
    hardtail? wouldn't that be kinda rough for the stuff i wanna do tho? I like fs, nice n smooth even tho full suspension is usually where the money is, but i'm open for suggestions
    oh yea it'll be rough, but it'll make you a better rider, so I'm told at least, I'll have to wait and see. I loved my full sus, but in the end I thought it was making me lazy rider, and I didn't want to worry about rear suspension anymore, I need to pedal up most stuff I ride around here, and I wanted a bike I could take on XC rides (no not for enjoyent just to get to good FR stuff). Also, I just like feel of a HT better. But there are lots of people on this board who don't and don't have any problems with full sus.

Members who have read this thread: 0