I need Marzocchi 888rc 170mm info- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

I need Marzocchi 888rc 170mm info

I want to buy the marzocchi 888rc 170mm fork. Does anyone know what size handle bars are compatable with the integrated stem. Is it only 31.8mm?
    Also, is the fork only compatable with an 8" disc brake rotor or can I use my 6" rotor for now?

thanks for any help I can get.

mtbr member
    Stem has a shim to use with standard diameter bars. As far as the brakes go, I think you could maybe run a 6" rotor with the right adaptor but I'm not sure. 8" certainly works.

toby

Beyond the stars

If you buy the fork new . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Downhill
    what size handle bars are compatable with the integrated stem. Is it only 31.8mm?
    you should get the "shims" to run either size bars . . .

Get an 8 inch adaptor and rotor for the front, it's a few bucks more but well worth it . . .

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC Downhill
    I want to buy the marzocchi 888rc 170mm fork. Does anyone know what size handle bars are compatable with the integrated stem. Is it only 31.8mm?
    Also, is the fork only compatable with an 8" disc brake rotor or can I use my 6" rotor for now?

thanks for any help I can get.
    Shims for the integrated stem allow the use of 25.4 or 31.8 bars. You can use your 6 inch rotor, but I suggest the 8 inch.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Shims for the integrated stem allow the use of 25.4 or 31.8 bars. You can use your 6 inch rotor, but I suggest the 8 inch.
    Consider the nature of the beast. Any bike that needs a 7 inch fork should probably have an 8 inch rotor. Upgrading 6 inch brakes to 8's isn't very expensive anyway. New adaptors and rotos....should be around 100 bucks. Well worth it.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

Members who have read this thread: 0