I like my Maxxis High Rollers (2.35 w/tubeless strips), anything similar I could try?- Mtbr.com
    ixi
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I like my Maxxis High Rollers (2.35 w/tubeless strips), anything similar I could try?

I've really liked my maxxis high rollers (front and rear). I think I like the big side knobs. My greatest pleasure in mountain biking comes from executing the perfect turn whether it's berm-ed or not.

So I was just wondering if there is another tire you think I'd like better. I'm a dedicated "trail bike" kind of rider. I don't do stunts or downhill. I like going fast, especially through the corners. Everyone recommends nevegals, but they don't seem to have quite as wide side knobs, maybe I'm wrong though. I have an Intense 5.5 w/ dt 5.1 rims and like a 2.35 single ply tire.

Any suggestions?

Glad to Be Alive
    high roller rear, but try the Minion in front...IMO I think the minion grips better in turns...on lose, dusty condition I have the high roller wash out in front
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

ready to ride
    intense world cup tires are real simular to high rollers (actualy why i bought them)

you can get them at Jenson USA for $18.99
    N* = <3 <3]

ixi
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I actually put on a front minion a few months ago and don't seem to like it as much as the high roller. It's those side knobs I crave. Almost a flatter tire rather than rounded. I'll check out the intense tires. I'd like to try the nevegals but it's hard to get them for less than $80.

edit: jenson only has the 2.5's in the world cup, but those are some good prices on intense tires.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Nevegals are ok but I find the high rollers much better... that's why I'm never going back.

ixi
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy
    Nevegals are ok but I find the high rollers much better... that's why I'm never going back.
    Good to hear, should I stop expecting to find something better than the high rollers?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    What compound are you running in the High Roller? I like my HRs, but the Minion DHF up front is definitely more confidence inspiring in terms of grip in a variety of conditions. I run the Super Tacky version of both.

Members who have read this thread: 0