I was just riding along...- Mtbr.com
    Ancient Chinese Secret

I was just riding along...

on Livewire yesterday and...

<object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/220655/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/220655/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object><p><a href="http://www.pinkbike.com/video/220655/">Live Wire with Ed</a> on <a href="http://www.pinkbike.com">pinkbike.com</a></p>

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    That was a strange place to eat it... right after the logs its pretty much that berm... don't remember anything that could've whipped his rear out like that.
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail

Ancient Chinese Secret
    Outside pedal was down and I clipped a rock. You can see it right before I eat it and it kicks the back end out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Trail Gremlins! So what happened?

nocturnal oblivion
    That could've been 4 minutes shorter.

FYI: Just watch the last 15 seconds if you want to know the ending.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    Ah, after I full screen'd it I saw.

I did the same thing on a lower section of Livewire on Saturday too.. stripped some of the pedal threads in my cranks. :/ Didn't notice until this morning when I got on board and my pedal felt funny.
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail

Ancient Chinese Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble View Post
    That could've been 4 minutes shorter.

FYI: Just watch the last 15 seconds if you want to know the ending.
    Yes, but it's not my video so I couldn't edit it. 'Course, you wanted to see my awesome riding anyhow, right?

SamIAm
    ha. thatll teach ya to be restin on those cranks. lolz
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

Moose Member
    wow you went down hard! i'll be more careful there for sure!

you okay?

nocturnal oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Swell Guy View Post
    Yes, but it's not my video so I couldn't edit it. 'Course, you wanted to see my awesome riding anyhow, right?
    I was a bit envious.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

Ancient Chinese Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    wow you went down hard! i'll be more careful there for sure!

you okay?
    Yes, I'm OK. Sore wrist, but don't think it's broken. Yes, I'm pretty lucky I was slowing down for the berm and rolled out a bit when I ate it.

But yes, I'll be more careful to keep my pedals level before going into that berm. My new bike has a lower BB and there's some rocks poking up just before that berm on the left.

mtbr member
    Awesome trail video...would love to have something like that nearby....along with the bike capable of landing some of those big hits and the courage/skill to make the most of it.

mtbr member
    Looked like a nice leisurely ride down Livewire... I've found that's when I tend to make the most mistakes riding, when I just "chill" rather than full-on attack a trail. You probably should have been up off the seat more, with your pedals level.

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    Think he was prepping to enter the berm, thus the outside pedal went down... just a little too early so it got caught.

Ancient Chinese Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by vaelin View Post
    Think he was prepping to enter the berm, thus the outside pedal went down... just a little too early so it got caught.
    Ding, ding. We have a winner!

Lightly salted
    Besides the crash, conditions looked perfect! Not much dust at all

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    There were big gusts that kicked up some dust storms, but overall it was nice this weekend. Just cold on the lifts.

mtbr member
    is the camera rider wearing ski gloves??
    I'm GNARcissistic

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demodude View Post
    is the camera rider wearing ski gloves??
    Nope, just Home Depot standard issue contractor gloves.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Yes, I'm OK. Sore wrist, but don't think it's broken. Yes, I'm pretty lucky I was slowing down for the berm and rolled out a bit when I ate it.

But yes, I'll be more careful to keep my pedals level before going into that berm. My new bike has a lower BB and there's some rocks poking up just before that berm on the left.
    dude, i hope your wrist is feeling better. aside from the crash, it was a good time ridin' and chillin' with ya' saturday!

video viewers: it may be a little tough to see in the video, but there's a few embedded rocks sticking out of the ground exactly where there's a good line into the berm.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vaelin View Post
    yep. the entrance to the berm lets you pedal swap from a right pedal dip into a left pedal dip to whip thru the corner. the rocks are right where you might want to dip the right pedal and bam......

also, it may look like a nice leisurely run down lw, but they were going plenty fast on that run.

Glad to Be Alive

props....good speed and clearing everything with a little style...loved the whole video
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Outside pedal was down and I clipped a rock. You can see it right before I eat it and it kicks the back end out.
    if you notice there are a few spots where you have the pedal in the down position right before your crash...mainly the turn before that....might be when you start getting tired you lower that pedal....be aware of that
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.niles View Post
    yep. the entrance to the berm lets you pedal swap from a right pedal dip into a left pedal dip to whip thru the corner. the rocks are right where you might want to dip the right pedal and bam......

also, it may look like a nice leisurely run down lw, but they were going plenty fast on that run.
    man, i am so disoriented from a way-too-hard day at work - yeah left pedal hit hard....my bad for seeing it all backwards.....