I Hate Snow!!!! Nbr- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I Hate Snow!!!! Nbr

Dammit, why won't this stupid winter end. I can't ride, and it's driving me nuts. Now, I get a call from my girlfriend, and she's stranded out of town because of a snowstorm, and I'm left with nothing to do tonight but surf this board. I seriously can't wait for this sh!t to end. I...am...so...pissed...off (in my worst cartman voice)

Well, at least Dumb and Dumber is on TV....

SNOWRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    Dammit, why won't this stupid winter end. I can't ride, and it's driving me nuts. Now, I get a call from my girlfriend, and she's stranded out of town because of a snowstorm, and I'm left with nothing to do tonight but surf this board. I seriously can't wait for this sh!t to end. I...am...so...pissed...off (in my worst cartman voice)

Well, at least Dumb and Dumber is on TV....

Two Words SKI-BIKE
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

Cynical Bystander
    I want snow... because I love snowboarding and snow.

Out here in Colorado it's been 60s for the past several weeks, we haven't had snow in probably 1-2 months. Which is sweet for biking but sucks for snowboarding (although the mountains are getting some)
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I used to ski quite a bit (ironically more so when I lived on the prairies because we could do an overnight drive to the rockies), haven't been doing it as much is the past few years because (a) skiing in Ontario sucks and (b) if I do go, it's still enough of a hassle to head out that I would only ever do it occasionally.

I wish I lived in Colorado, my buddy was just at a conference there, he tells me it's as gorgeous as it's made out to be

mtbr member
    I used to ski quite a bit (ironically more so when I lived on the prairies because we could do an overnight drive to the rockies), haven't been doing it as much is the past few years because (a) skiing in Ontario sucks and (b) if I do go, it's still enough of a hassle to head out that I would only ever do it occasionally.

I wish I lived in Colorado, my buddy was just at a conference there, he tells me it's as gorgeous as it's made out to be
    Yeah - I'd have to agree as a co-miserating Ontarian. Skiing in Ontario sucks. But it'd be worse without Quebec next door.

Try not to think about folks in BC. Whistler might have had a crap year but the biker crowd is lovin' it! Whistler Bike park opens in 2 weeks!

We'll be lucky to have clear pavement by then! And the forecast is for more snow later this week!!! Arggghhh.

gentle like
    I had to shovel the driveway twice today. We got about 10-12 inches of wet (heavy) snow where I am around Boston.

I'm originally from Hamilton, and talking with my family today they said they were only getting 5 cms today, supposedly. Did you guys end up getting more?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We got dumped on for a short period tonight in Toronto that left a few inches of snow, but nothing major. My girlfriend was on her way back from a bridal shower and ended up getting a hotel in North Bay (yeah, she was way the hell out in the middle of nowhere) because there was such a bad white-out.

Dave99: I've never actually gone skiing in Quebec yet. A couple years ago I was up at Bromont at the end of March for a conference, and wanted to go skiing. On Saturday the slopes were open (but melting fast), but I didn't have time to go. I guess they shut down that day (I can't remember if they were using snow machines or not), but on Sunday when I had a break in my meetings, the slopes were mostly grass. Oh well, I'll do some skiing there someday.

Disco-Superfly

... and if we just ...

Snow?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Lotta good that'll do me in the middle of Toronto...

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Deweydude
    Two Words SKI-BIKE
    You and your ski bikes...now I remember who you are, I think your the only dude with a ski bike, well you and your bro's that is.

mtbr member
    Dave99: I've never actually gone skiing in Quebec yet. A couple years ago I was up at Bromont at the end of March for a conference, and wanted to go skiing. On Saturday the slopes were open (but melting fast), but I didn't have time to go. I guess they shut down that day (I can't remember if they were using snow machines or not), but on Sunday when I had a break in my meetings, the slopes were mostly grass. Oh well, I'll do some skiing there someday.
    I never been skiing at Bromont but the MTB park is absolutely awesome! It's about an 1-1/2 hours outside of Montreal by car. I can't wait for the snow to go!

As far as skiing goes, try Mont Tremblant, Mont Ste. Anne, and le Massif. Those are general crowd pleasers out east.

not really a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I want snow... because I love snowboarding and snow.

Out here in Colorado it's been 60s for the past several weeks, we haven't had snow in probably 1-2 months. Which is sweet for biking but sucks for snowboarding (although the mountains are getting some)
    ill trade you the 60s for 10 inches of snow i wont miss it any
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

SNOWRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by O~Hi~O
    You and your ski bikes...now I remember who you are, I think your the only dude with a ski bike, well you and your bro's that is.
    You guys should really try this, you have NO IDEA what you are missing
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller

mtbr member
    That sucks on the 10-12" in boston. We got maybe 3-4 in Connecticut. Hopefully that was the last snowfall though, im so ready for spring...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    That sucks on the 10-12" in boston. We got maybe 3-4 in Connecticut. Hopefully that was the last snowfall though, im so ready for spring...
    We had like 3" last night, of course none of it stuck to the roads....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

SNOWRIDER
    http://www.pennypostcards.com/pickup...ace5a038=20802

Here is one for all you snow haters click on linky

locked - time out
    Snow sucks. And to think - our trails were dry 1 day ago...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    hey shibby want to house sit out in California.....within 15 minutes numerous DH and jump spots
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    hey shibby want to house sit out in California.....within 15 minutes numerous DH and jump spots
    Man, I would like nothing more to be in California right now, I'm going crazy. If I just leave, do you think anyone at work would notice?

Glad to Be Alive
    Man, I would like nothing more to be in California right now, I'm going crazy. If I just leave, do you think anyone at work would notice?
    nope, hell thay can't tell if you are dead or sleeping anyway
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    nope, hell thay can't tell if you are dead or sleeping anyway
    I'm actually trying to stop from falling asleep at the computer right now. I'll use a mannequin...if i position it at the computer with it's head against the keyboard, nobody will know the difference. If I type up a bunch of emails to key people and set my email program to send them out at certain times, everyone will assume that everything is normal. Now all I need is an accomplice to change the mannequin's clothes occasionally and dust him off every few days.

It's almost too perfect....

mtbr member
    Yup, the winter out here in BC is awful. I would not recommend that anyone move out this way at all. I dont think it rained once in Feb. This has caused so much trail congestion. Yup, winter in BC sucks......

mtbr member
    same here, we have so much snow here in MA. But its been warm lately so it should melt soon
    Sully

Xtremely Moderate
    I'm actually trying to stop from falling asleep at the computer right now. I'll use a mannequin...if i position it at the computer with it's head against the keyboard, nobody will know the difference. If I type up a bunch of emails to key people and set my email program to send them out at certain times, everyone will assume that everything is normal. Now all I need is an accomplice to change the mannequin's clothes occasionally and dust him off every few days.

It's almost too perfect....
    Very sad that people are unable to differentiate between you and a sleeping block of wood.

When I read "winter" threads like this, I don't hate this stinking redneck cess pool so much.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"