I found my missing 7 Inches!!!- Mtbr.com
    Trent the Bent
    Oct 2004

I found my missing 7 Inches!!!

I was perusing the latest AMAZING CLEARANCE at Nashbar a few weeks ago cus, Yah Never Know! So I found a Mongoose Black Diamond Triple frame sans shock for $200 . So I'm thinking I got a 3" HT XC rig, a 4" DJ HT, a 4.5" FS carboney race rig, a 5" trail bike, a 6" AM bike, and last an 8" dual crown DH ride but I was missing that 7" travel 1.5" single crown forked dual ring cranked steed I could pedal up so I could earn my turns. Now I need a bigger shed of adventure. I have a 66 ATA on its way as I type this and I'm starting to feel the stoke!

mtbr member
    you have quite a few bikes there...

awesome.

Trent the Bent
    Oct 2004

It's an illness, but I like it

Yeah that doesn't count the road bike, tandem, beach cruiser, wife's bike, kids bikes. I have a bit of a bike habit, but I don't want any therapy. My bikes are my therapy.

DownhillBAWS
    wow alot of bikes. nice

Trent the Bent
    Oct 2004

She is complete!

Finished the build last night at 9:00 now I need some time to ride her!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Nice! I'm running that same fork. What settings are you putting it at? For some reason, my compression needs to be all the way down and rebound all the way up for it to feel right.

Trent the Bent
    Oct 2004
    i Just finished dialing in the shifters last night. My first run is tomorrow. I'll let you know what I figure out although it will be a bit before I can give it a proper workout on some real DH runs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice bike! I liked the Mongoose "better" line up when they made them. Seem to be gone for 2013?

I found my missing 7" too! I left them in the neighbors sister.... Sorry degenerated to a 14 year old there for a moment. Nice bike once again!

Members who have read this thread: 0