I Finally Found Jumps In La!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    Schmeow Productions

I Finally Found Jumps In La!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally!!!!!!!

i have found a few stair gaps, a bunch of drops to flat, and a wallride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that are all in one place! PAUL REVERE!!!!!

there are also a bunch of things near that bike shop on san vincente (veloworx)

so go and check it out! btw, u guys shouldn't be readng the forums, u should be out riding!!!

always learning
    dude, for the forth time, please post some pics. I know you have a digital camera and you've posted before so you can do it.
    I believe in you.

EDIT: I also remembered why I hate finding out that middle schools have great spots. It's easier to blend in there as a kid, but as an adult...
    Last edited by tgreathead; 12-21-2004 at 12:54 AM.

Glad to Be Alive
    Pics pics pics please
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

DOWNHILL MAFIA

..Wait, What, Where?..

Is it worth driving from Redondo beach?
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

mtbr member

LA Urban

yo!
    did you find the stair drop at the corner of wilshire and barrington? nice little 3 foot to flat. it is in the parking lot behind the bar on the southwest corner of the intersection. there is an apartment complex on that block (a big highrise). you come at the stairs from infront of the apartments (on the wilshire side) where there is a big circular planter with trees and bushes. it will route you toward the parking lot. huck the stairs and pass the valets (they never bothered me).
    rock!

always learning
    If you guys want drops to flat, let me know. There's tons in UCLA.

I'm still looking for *real* stair gaps (over one flight, landing on another) somewhere near the UCLA/Brentwood/etc. area. If you guys know any *real* stair gas please let me know. Or any drops to tranny. like many others have said, drops to flat but a ton of stress on your bike and it's just not worth it unless you're running rigid.

Any pics of Paul Revere yet?

How 'bout now?

j77

mo' urban

Downtown LA. . . .

Civic center plaza: Nice double sets, banked wall rides, fountain gaps. . . .
    B of A center: HUGE double sets.
    Disney concert hall: banked wall by the ticket booth.
    Elysian park at the Little Legue fields: stepped retaining wall gaps with tranny landings and some cutty little downhills thru the shanty villages in the bushes
    Promanade West shopping center: nice double set down to temple street.
    Convention Center: lots of double sets, gaps, ledges, and fun obstacles for tech stuff.
    There is tons of stuff to rock down there. Come at night and you get the run of the city.

Mind the homeless, and f*** the security gaurds and all is good.

Urban. . . . there are urban spots all over LA just have to look for a while to find them.
    I just know those cause I live down there. But I have hit decent spots in So. Pasadena, Reseda, Vernon, Long Beach.. . . .

Oh and paul reveere is pretty nice too. Used to skate there like 12 years ago. . . .

-j

DOWNHILL MAFIA

..Help me find those cool spots in LA!!

Could you possibly point those spots out on this map?
    And what and where is Paul Revere?

I'm going on an urban ride tonight, I'll take my camera and post some pics of my Redondo Beach urban spots.

Since the closure of Snow Summit and my stompin' grounds in PV, I snatched up some hookworms and decided I'll be doing mostly urban from now on. Other than Kenter and some other trails of course.
    ..but if you could help me find some of those spots, or even recommend a convenient route to hit everything up in one night, I would more than greatly appreciate it, bro.

-Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

Schmeow Productions
    here are some of me and my buds at kenter (the school) and sry about it only being of one place, that is pretty much the only thing we did all day... lol

most of those pics are of the landings... the one where i am near the bottom was the biggest hit of the day (on those stairs)

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    most of those pics are of the landings... the one where i am near the bottom was the biggest hit of the day (on those stairs)
    that one i landed 4 stairs up though

j77
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but, Paul revere is that middle school off of sunset just across the street from Mandeville Canyon Road, Just a little further west on sunset from Kenter.

As for the Downtown spots: I can work on a detailed map when I have time over the next day or so. But here is a semi-vague verbal description of the spots.

Disney concert hall is on Grand + Temple. Its that Giant titainum, swoopy, building designed by that boutique architect of the moment. Kind of hard to miss.

Civic Center plaza runs beween the City Hall and the Dorthy Chandler Pavilion. The pavilion is just south of the concert hall on Grand Ave. There is a giant double set from the plaza down to Grand. From there you can continue across Grand down thru the park. At the bottom you can cross Hill Street and continue down. To you right there is a curving banked wall that leads down to a parking garage below the second part of the plaza you cant really see it till you ride down there.

B of A: Plaza is down by 6th street and Flower near the standard hotel. Pretty much a bust but some good stairs to hit on the way thru.

Promanade West Shopping center is right behind Disney Hall on temple street.

Elysian park is a daytime spot off of Broadway right before it crosses the LA river. The ball fields are all the way at the top. Built over an old landfill. The drops are off the mounds in the middle of the grass park area where they used large boulders to create retaining walls.

All of these spots are close together and you can easliy hit them in an hour or two with short sessions at each spot. The ride from Disney hall to the Convention center is maybe 15 min. just cruising. Those are are pretty much the two farthest ends of "downtown" so its all pretty compact.

Most of the stuff I ride is fairly small / medium since i am relatively new to urban riding (just built up my steelhead about 2 months ago after years of XC) and old enough to really hurt when i case things. I do ride Kenter fairly often and in terms of size and fun factor it riding Downtown is a close second although completly different.

If you are interested in hitting it up sometime just drop me a message: robot@j77.org

I would be more than willing to show ya around the hood.

mtbr member
    Looking good.... that's a respecatble amount of stairs to hit....... You even got the hotties scoping you out in the background...Best 20 bucks you'll ever spend will be on a set of riding gloves...save your bacon for sure....whenever you wipe out and try to catch yourself it's your hands that get shredded..... a little more speed and you'll clear the set... Kinda looks like there isnt alot of landing room ...... could be the angle but it appears like there is a railing just a few feet from the bottom...

not really a noob

... and if we just ...

i like the chicks in the last pic

always learning
    Finally.

Nice pics. Looks like a nice spot. Palisades is a little far for a quick afternoon ride from my place. I might have to make a trip out there at some point. Did anyone give you trouble for being there?

That looks like a nice stairset. I especially like the first picture, it looks like you're sh*tting yourself .

Keep em coming (just try and resize them next time)

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreathead
    Finally.

Nice pics. Looks like a nice spot. Palisades is a little far for a quick afternoon ride from my place. I might have to make a trip out there at some point. Did anyone give you trouble for being there?

That looks like a nice stairset. I especially like the first picture, it looks like you're sh*tting yourself .

Keep em coming (just try and resize them next time)
    actually, u can't tell from the pic, but i was really off and was crooked in the air, so i was bracing for impact ... but really, i did almost crash on that one.

Glad to Be Alive
    actually, u can't tell from the pic, but i was really off and was crooked in the air, so i was bracing for impact ... but really, i did almost crash on that one.

sweet pics...now all you guys get full face helmets for xmas. then you won't see your silly mugs
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    sweet pics...now all you guys get full face helmets for xmas. then you won't see your silly mugs
    i have one... just didn't feel like wearing one

mabye i should of

Glad to Be Alive
    i have one... just didn't feel like wearing one

mabye i should of

one fall and it is over for that pretty little mouth and teeth

cement never loses

Schmeow Productions
    one fall and it is over for that pretty little mouth and teeth

cement never loses
    unless it's agaist a jackhammer

always learning
    wear the full face, if not for yourself then do it for this guy

EDIT: Warning, pretty bloody

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.p...ewallsmash.wmv
    Last edited by tgreathead; 12-22-2004 at 10:47 PM.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreathead
    wear the full face, if not for yourself then do it for this guy

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.p...ewallsmash.wmv
    i've seen that!

da giant head
    finally!!!!!!!

i have found a few stair gaps, a bunch of drops to flat, and a wallride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that are all in one place! PAUL REVERE!!!!!

there are also a bunch of things near that bike shop on san vincente (veloworx)

so go and check it out! btw, u guys shouldn't be readng the forums, u should be out riding!!!
    i have been to paul revere they have a bunch of nice stairs and nice wallrides and drops really nice urban assault area

Cement always wins!!!

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Warning

We just got kicked out of Revere today so beware of a skinny african amarican dude

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by gmac90
    We just got kicked out of Revere today so beware of a skinny african amarican dude
    he wasn't that skinny! was he?

da giant head
    he wasn't that skinny! was he?
    the guy at paul revere today was like mni shaq except he had an arnold schwarzenegger voice so beware of him

Cement always wins!!!
    he was a f*** thooth pick man

Team
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoe newbie
    i like the chicks in the last pic
    Same here, next time post some more of them. I like seeing chicks more than bikes.

Youngbuck
    nice stuff,is the dude who kicked you out in the background of the first pick?
    Honorary Member of the: 500 club

Cement always wins!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHooligan
    nice stuff,is the dude who kicked you out in the background of the first pick?
    naw, this is at kenter elementry... we hit paul revere the day before...

btw, more pics are coming of different spots.

da giant head

ya i always go upt o kenter elemantary. if u go up therer i would do the huge stairs going down to the lower yard. there are 17 stairs and if u can launch them it is a lot of fun. hurry up and go the gates close after break.

da giant head

ya i always go upt o kenter elemantary. if u go up therer i would do the huge stairs going down to the lower yard. there are 17 stairs and if u can launch them it is a lot of fun. hurry up and go the gates close after break. i

da giant head

ya i always go upt o kenter elemantary. if u go up therer i would do the huge stairs going down to the lower yard. there are 17 stairs and if u can launch them it is a lot of fun. hurry up and go the gates close after break. i also went

da giant head

ya i always go upt o kenter elemantary. if u go up therer i would do the huge stairs going down to the lower yard. there are 17 stairs and if u can launch them it is a lot of fun. hurry up and go the gates close after break. i also went ti

da giant head

ya i always go upt o kenter elemantary. if u go up therer i would do the huge stairs going down to the lower yard. there are 17 stairs and if u can launch them it is a lot of fun. hurry up and go the gates close after break. i also went to

da giant head

ya i always go upt o kenter elemantary. if u go up therer i would do the huge stairs going down to the lower yard. there are 17 stairs and if u can launch them it is a lot of fun. hurry up and go the gates close after break. i also went to paul

da giant head

sry for making so many computer got all screwed up

da giant head

ya i always go upt o kenter elemantary. if u go up therer i would do the huge stairs going down to the lower yard. there are 17 stairs and if u can launch them it is a lot of fun. hurry up and go the gates close after break. i also went to paul revere with

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by stp1crazy
    ya i always go upt o kenter elemantary. if u go up therer i would do the huge stairs going down to the lower yard. there are 17 stairs and if u can launch them it is a lot of fun. hurry up and go the gates close after break. i also went to paul revere with
    s hit dude! lemme guess, stickykeys again?

Glad to Be Alive
    Get some knee pads too

Here is a picture of a guy with no full face
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Schmeow Productions
    Get some knee pads too

Here is a picture of a guy with no full face
    uh...dude...

next time could u post a warning or somthing? (i think i'm gonna puke!)

Glad to Be Alive
    uh...dude...

next time could u post a warning or somthing? (i think i'm gonna puke!)

I posted many warnings...here is your clues....wear a full face, cement never loses and then the pic.

come on ....nice pics of you and da boys

I wanna talk to Samson!
    I posted many warnings...here is your clues....wear a full face, cement never loses and then the pic.

come on ....nice pics of you and da boys
    shiver me timbers, looking out for america's youth.

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Drop off the roof

I used to skate a Kenter, and I ride the whoops quite a bit, but I have never noticed that roof drop. It looks like it drops right into that bank...by the way, if you do decide to drop the roof wear a helmet...

Cement always wins!!!

no

Quote Originally Posted by WWT
    I used to skate a Kenter, and I ride the whoops quite a bit, but I have never noticed that roof drop. It looks like it drops right into that bank...by the way, if you do decide to drop the roof wear a helmet...
    ya theres a nice fense there + kenter just got a new 2 story bungolo

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    shiver me timbers, looking out for america's youth.

sure is...and everyone else too. life is too short to not wear a full face for the riding we do.

not really a noob
    after that poor fellows mangled face i aint ever riding again....... until i get a full face... i think...crap that is grosss

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    here are some of me and my buds at kenter (the school) and sry about it only being of one place, that is pretty much the only thing we did all day... lol

dude you should drop off the f**king roof that is totally gnar
    if there was anything like that near where i lived i'd be all over it
    it's perfect