HSCV cart for Super T same as cart for 05 Z.1 FR1?- Mtbr.com
    bpuodt

HSCV cart for Super T same as cart for 05 Z.1 FR1?

I was wondering if it's the same $100 HSCV unit that people buy to upgrade a Jr.T into a super T? Do the 05 Z.1 forks use the same thing?

I figure it would be cheaper to buy an 05 Z.1 3 for $330 and upgrade it to HSCV to make it a FR 1. I don't like ETA and hate changing oil in ETA forks, so it would also be nice not having it. Does the HSCV unit come with the rebound knob and top cap? How hard is it to put the unit in? Simple as taking the lowers off and taking the clips off the stanchion tube?

TNC
    noMAD man

Don't think it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Chicken
    I was wondering if it's the same $100 HSCV unit that people buy to upgrade a Jr.T into a super T? Do the 05 Z.1 forks use the same thing?

I figure it would be cheaper to buy an 05 Z.1 3 for $330 and upgrade it to HSCV to make it a FR 1. I don't like ETA and hate changing oil in ETA forks, so it would also be nice not having it. Does the HSCV unit come with the rebound knob and top cap? How hard is it to put the unit in? Simple as taking the lowers off and taking the clips off the stanchion tube?
    The Super T cart is longer to reach the top cap of a dual crown setup and more spring height. The 6" Z1 is shorter. That said, why don't you use the '04 Z150 6" HSCV cart which would fit in a Z13, and from what I could tell about shop wholesale price, seems to be around $100 also. I modified two '04 Z150 SL air models in this manner with excellent results. Marzocchi carts don't come with the top cap or rebound knob. For your setup, you'd have to use a top cap for an '04 Z1 but the rebound knob/screw for the '04 Z150. It's an easy swap if you have the right parts. Here's a pic of a half air/half coil HSCV 6" Z1.
    Attached Images Attached Images