How is Shimano's warranty with cranks?- Mtbr.com
    Equal opportunity meanie

How is Shimano's warranty with cranks?

My Saint cranks seem to have seized themselves into the bearings. Meaning the spindle no longer wants to slide out of the bearing on the drive side, but the bearing still spins (albeit not super smoothly). It won't budge from a gentle (and not so gentle) tap of a mallet on the end of the spindle. They have been getting slightly more difficult to remove recently, but nothing I couldn't push out by hand. Removing the cups will require some creativity if I can't get the cranks off.

I haven't had to deal with them before. Is Shimano quick turning stuff around? Are they just going to tell me "you can buy new ones" after having me send them in? I'd like to run the Saints again so I hope they're cool with warranty stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I dont think thats a warranty issue, more like lack of grease and or slightly bent spindle. Just go pick up a dead blow mallet so you dont damage the spindle and swing away.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Plenty of grease. I would call a bent spindle under a 170 lb rider a warranty.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    sounds like someone wants a free set of '09 Saints...

just like me
    it's cool though, my new "tiwster lawn dart" trick I busted out on Livewire will earn me a Shimano sponsorship any day now. They just need to get Vanderham off the roster to make room for me... no big whoop

Equal opportunity meanie
    I'd throw down more for a set of '09 Saints no problem. Just not new cost on them as part of the warranty.

Members who have read this thread: 0