How to send stuff in for rebuild- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Listen! How to send stuff in for rebuild

someone told me that sending in my old fork would be much cheeper than trying to buy a new one. tho only problem is that i have no idea how. any info will help me send in my beat up Marzocchi Super T-RV back to marzocchi to suposedly get totaly fixed.

should know better.....
    Easiest way is to roll your bike into your local shop, and have them deal with it. They shouldn't charge an arm and a leg. Some shops have someone in-house who has the training and tools to do the work. Others just send it out.

Other way is to:

1. Call the fork's tech/service center, explain what you'd like done, and get an "RA" (return authorisation) #, or a repair order number. Write it down, along with the address they give you. This # will track the progress of the work, and that it belongs to you. Determine how you are supposed to pay for the work, and when. They will probably want a phone or email so they can let you know what the cost will be once they open up the innards of your fork.
    2. Take the fork off your bike.Look for threads on this, you might even find a video online.
    3. Type a letter with a clear description of what you want done, (based on conversation you had earlier) include the # you were given. make 2 copies. You may include payment info in this, depends on the company.
    4. Get a box wider and longer than the fork. Pack it in with enough padding so it wont bang around. Put one copy of the letter in with the fork.
    5. Tape it all shut. Put the other copy of the letter in an envelope and tape it to the outside of the box. Use a Sharpie or permanent marker, and write the RA# on the outside of the box.
    6. Go to the shipping center of your choice, insure the package, put the label on the box and ship it out.

There are a bunch of companies here in The States that do as good or better than the original manufacturers, as long as its not a warranty issue. They don't work on all brands. Check with them. They sometimes even charge less. I really like
    http://www.mtbsuspensionexperts.com/

you can also try:
    http://www.pushindustries.com/services.php

Glad to Be Alive
    marzocchi 800-227-5579
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    http://www.mtbsuspensionexperts.com/

As stated above...this one is great. I took my marz in and they fixed'r right up. Very great service. The guy that owns it is super nice.

Members who have read this thread: 0