How much could i get for an '04 giant ac1?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Fiddle Sticks!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    93

    How much could i get for an '04 giant ac1?

    Good condition, hardly used. Thought you might all know...
    Thanks,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    They are real hard to sell. I will give you 500 bucks...because I am a nice guy
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  3. #3
    Fiddle Sticks!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    93

    The reason is

    Someone has one 4 sale for 675 but it's too big. I wanted to know if i should get it and sell it for more. I'm not a bad guy though...

  4. #4
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    seriously depends what is on the bike. the bike could sell around 1000.00 to 1300.00
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  5. #5
    Fiddle Sticks!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    93

    all stock

    yup
    Mark

  6. #6
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by markseelos805
    yup
    Mark
    should get a great price if it is in good condition
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  7. #7
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    They are real hard to sell. I will give you 500 bucks...because I am a nice guy
    I just sold an 03 frame (same frame) with a swinger 4way, less than 2 months old in the mtbr classifieds... 400 shipped. I'd say around the grand mark for a complete.

  8. #8
    Clever Slogan
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    543

    I have an '04

    Quote Originally Posted by markseelos805
    Good condition, hardly used. Thought you might all know...
    Thanks,
    Mark
    in nearly perfect condition, 19in., thomson post, xt front derailluer, FSA zero stack headset, w/ 2 xtra rear der. hangers that I'm trying to get $650 shipped, and it's been for sale for a month! Ain't that a beotch. I just changed my price to BEST OFFER recently.

    They are outstanding trail bikes, and good freeride bikes for lighter people.
    "...his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    Well if it is clean, not dirty and lubed and everything you can jack up the price, but i'd say about a grand.

  10. #10
    locked - time out
    Reputation: s1ngletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    I just sold an 03 frame (same frame) with a swinger 4way, less than 2 months old in the mtbr classifieds... 400 shipped. I'd say around the grand mark for a complete.
    I, I ...feel...so betrayed.

    Did you just decide to stick with the hardtail -or did the whole failure issue taint the experience for you and make you want a different brand?

  11. #11
    Card Carrying Member
    Reputation: kitchenware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I, I ...feel...so betrayed.

    Did you just decide to stick with the hardtail -or did the whole failure issue taint the experience for you and make you want a different brand?
    Actually, I was worried that a feeling of betrayal might surface in the FR forum, so I kept it hush-hush.

    I think for now, I'm going to build a killer set of wheels, buy a dual crown for the Chameleon and wait for funds to build again. I've really had my heart set on one very specific rig for quite some time now, but at 1750 for a new frame, it might take a while. I'll race a hardtail this season if I have to.

  12. #12
    locked - time out
    Reputation: s1ngletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    Actually, I was worried that a feeling of betrayal might surface in the FR forum, so I kept it hush-hush.

    I think for now, I'm going to build a killer set of wheels, buy a dual crown for the Chameleon and wait for funds to build again. I've really had my heart set on one very specific rig for quite some time now, but at 1750 for a new frame, it might take a while. I'll race a hardtail this season if I have to.
    Grass is always greener... "What if I were to sell the AC frame and buy another Cove Stiffee to take it's place?" pops into my head about once every 3 days or so. I feel your pain.

Similar Threads

  1. New rider ..Giant NRS-3 (03) or XTC-2 (04)??
    By Laika in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 06:56 PM
  2. $1000 for a Giant '04 NRS 3
    By pcheninhk in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 10:13 AM
  3. Dilemma: IH Rogue '04 or Giant Rainier '04??
    By the_equation in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:05 AM
  4. 03' Giant NRS2 or 04' Marin East Peak?
    By seniorpapa1641 in forum Marin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 11:55 PM
  5. To all '04 Giant owners
    By ILxcMTNbiker in forum Giant
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 12:39 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.