How much is this bike worth?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

How much is this bike worth?

following advice, I am posting this as a new thread.

components: new avid bb7 brakes w/ 8 inch rotors, new manitou minute fork, new wtb seat, new kona stinky pedals, frame is 2 years old.

honestly, how much money would you put down to pay for this bike if you were looking to buy it for your son or something.

this is my bike, started out as a project of mine when I had little cash (paid 400 for the stock bike 2 years ago) and been exchanging parts ever since. Now that I have more cash, I'm looking to maybe sell this and get a more expensive dh bike.

It is a solid platform and can definitly tear up some downhill. Negatives are, a bit on the heavy side.
    thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    keep your parts and sell the frame....even with the upgrades you will probably get 200 to 400 bucks
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by eanzenberg
    following advice, I am posting this as a new thread.

components: new avid bb7 brakes w/ 8 inch rotors, new manitou minute fork, new wtb seat, new kona stinky pedals, frame is 2 years old.

honestly, how much money would you put down to pay for this bike if you were looking to buy it for your son or something.

this is my bike, started out as a project of mine when I had little cash (paid 400 for the stock bike 2 years ago) and been exchanging parts ever since. Now that I have more cash, I'm looking to maybe sell this and get a more expensive dh bike.

It is a solid platform and can definitly tear up some downhill. Negatives are, a bit on the heavy side.
    thanks!
    Pull it apart and sell the components on it's own. You'll get more money that way. Nobody wants a Mongoose.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    what's wrong with a mongoose?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eanzenberg
    what's wrong with a mongoose?
    they got sort of a bad rap ever since Wal Mart started selling them. They do make some nice bikes, but that, my friend isn't the best of the bunch....

I would part it, doesn't make much sense, but nobody really wants a mongoose and would probably pay more for a bunch of parts than they would for a bunch of parts on that frame. Just not the best name, it could be a good bike though.

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    you sho bout that?? aint the greatest but for a mongoose thumbs up. components seem to kick arse except if the fork was a WC
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    you sho bout that?? aint the greatest but for a mongoose thumbs up. components seem to kick arse except if the fork was a WC
    I think you missed the point. he was saying that some/ most of Mongoose stuff is junk. Yes they do make Very Nice High end stuff. Heck Eric Carter is no slouch and can ride what ever he wants and still rides the goose. The point is that the frame in question is not one of those high end frames. It is a lower end frame and not many people want to ride a low end mongoose.

Members who have read this thread: 0