How much $$$ for a Bighit frame???- Mtbr.com
    Uhhhhh...

How much $$$ for a Bighit frame???

How much would it be to get a bighit frame through specialized through an authorized dealer? I know last years was $1600 so this years should be cheaper.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    How much would it be to get a bighit frame through specialized through an authorized dealer? I know last years was $1600 so this years should be cheaper.

-TS
    Frame or bike? Which model, are you talking about the bighit dh?
    Last year's bighit comp ran about 1600 msrp, this year most lbs have them for about 1800 or so. I've seen used 03 comp frames on here and on pinkbike for like 350-400 before.

EDIT: Didn't you get a dbx a few months ago?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Frame or bike? Which model, are you talking about the bighit dh?
    Last year's bighit comp ran about 1600 msrp, this year most lbs have them for about 1800 or so. I've seen used 03 comp frames on here and on pinkbike for like 350-400 before.

EDIT: Didn't you get a dbx a few months ago?

Oh yea im just wondering about a frame, like just a frame. I'm not looking at a new bike im asking for another friend of mine. D-backs been great except the head angle is about 1-2* too steep for fast stuff, but its great in the tech stuff.

-TS

Cynical Bystander
    D-backs been great except the head angle is about 1-2* too steep for fast stuff, but its great in the tech stuff.
    Thought about running a 24" on the back?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Uhhhhh...
    Thought about running a 24" on the back?

Oh yea, i'm in the thought process of deciding what i want. Thanks for your help.

-TS

Cynical Bystander
    Oh yea, i'm in the thought process of deciding what i want. Thanks for your help.

-TS
    Sounds cool. I myself just got a new bike up today. mk2 on-one gimp. can't wait for the snow to go away so i can start doing some urban on it.

Edit: Happy 350th post to me
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Uhhhhh...
    Sounds cool. I myself just got a new bike up today. mk2 on-one gimp. can't wait for the snow to go away so i can start doing some urban on it.

Edit: Happy 350th post to me
    Man sounds like a sweet bike...make sure to post pics when its done. Think im gunna run Hugi FR w/ a thru axle oversized so i can run a saint der.

-TS

airin' it out in the 951
    Why is it so much? I mean, this year's comp, complete with everything is $1800. I thought the frame would be like $1000-ish.

Bighit Evangalest

Bighit frame

As far as I know specialized dont sell just the frame for the 04 model. I wasnt able to get a frame only when I bought mine and specialized told me that they didnt sell the frameset only this year. I think it has somethign to do with trying to promote the Demo9.
    I ended up having to get my LBS to get me a complete comp in and then they were good enough to take off the bits I didnt need and take the retail price of the parts off the price of the bike, which was pretty cool.

airin' it out in the 951
    So what did that come out to? $1000-$900?

Bighit Evangalest

Nz

Well I bought it in New zealand where we get raped for bikes etc. I got the brakes and forks removed and got the rest for $2400NZ, which is about $1000US or something. I already had some HX9s and a junior T that I bought off the internet for well less than 1/2 the retail cost for NZ.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleuk
    Well I bought it in New zealand where we get raped for bikes etc. I got the brakes and forks removed and got the rest for $2400NZ, which is about $1000US or something. I already had some HX9s and a junior T that I bought off the internet for well less than 1/2 the retail cost for NZ.
    Hey how's the Jr T working for you. I need some advice. I am thinking of putting a Jr T on my hardtail to do some urban freeride, but I heard that it bottoms out a lot for people 150lbs and more, and i'm about 210. Is that right? How does that compare with a Z1 MCR or other long travel single crowns?

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by synkronized23
    Hey how's the Jr T working for you. I need some advice. I am thinking of putting a Jr T on my hardtail to do some urban freeride, but I heard that it bottoms out a lot for people 150lbs and more, and i'm about 210. Is that right? How does that compare with a Z1 MCR or other long travel single crowns?
    Dude, look into a Sherman instead. Similarly priced brand new and a lot better for urban. I weigh like 200 and had one on my bike for a while. It was amazing and really stiff.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Bighit Evangalest

Sweet

I love my Jr.T, I have never had it bottom out and I weigh 105kg, thats 231 pounds so pretty burly. I do run it at max preload though, I have been thinking about getting some heavier springs....
    You have to accept the Junior T for what it is, you get alot of people b1ching on about them saying, get a 888 or get a dorado or get a monster T. Sure, nice one buddy, but I dont have the money to otherwise I would. The Jr.T is ALOT cheaper and is in my pricerange so that what I got and it has served me really well....