How many people register their bikes with NBR?- Mtbr.com
    Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005

New question here. How many people register their bikes with NBR?

Does anyone register their bikes with the National Bike Registry? Am I stupid for not doing it all these years? Has anyone recovered a stolen bike through this process?

thanks,

Glad to Be Alive
    not me...my bikes are insured by homeowners insurance, a nice gun collection and a crazy itchy finger, pain inducing madman
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I've never even heard of NBR, but yeah homeowners for me too. Definitely comes in handy for stolen bikes.

N* Bomber Crew
    My bikes are ensured by the security, reliability, and safety of my fists...as well as those of whom ride with me.

I mean hey, we got supermachete's bike back with the help of the Internets. You can use the internet in a good way, by helping get a persons bike back, or a bad way, by posting about making a "bomb prof dh bike" and not taking anyones suggestions.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Capricious youth...
    Covered by homeowners/renters insurance...

...and my insurance agent is one of my riding buddies.

Lord knows, if my bikes ever get stolen, I'll get full retail replacement value for them, no matter how used they are.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    how do i get my bikes added to homeowners insurance? or is it automatic? anyone know a good agent in the south bay area, CA?

I never have. Good to have photos and all the serials etc written down in the case it gets stolen. Will make it much easier to get insurance or help get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by first.hander
    how do i get my bikes added to homeowners insurance? or is it automatic? anyone know a good agent in the south bay area, CA?
    Not automatic . But may be covered if bike get stolen from house and you have insurance.

Good to let insurance co know.

Any high dollar items are usually disclosed when you get the renters insurance.

Expensive bike, guns, instruments, jewelry etc

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    LOL, I registered mine with them (hope to never have to actually see if it really works), But as others have said my fists are my insurance and my kel tec strap is my backup Unless we are talking home invasion, then thats a whole other arsenal.

My leg feels funny
    I do it with all my bikes, its cheap and it's up there in the "you never know" category. My homeowners covers them too but there's still a deductible so I'd still be shelling out some dough. I also register them locally too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    At REI they sell Kryptonite registration. Kryptonite makes various bike locks. I was hoping to find a comparison between the NBR National bike registry and the kryptonite.

Members who have read this thread: 0