how low is too low?- Mtbr.com
    dirt visionary

how low is too low?

I have a 2010 totem 2step with mission dh anyways how low is too low for psi in the air spring ? I am running 40psi and only getting roughly 6" of travel. What psi are the lighter riders running ?

thx
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I think it really depends on your weight. But for what its worth I was running my at 35the my last run out and got the full travel, but it was way too soft but no real issues bottomingPut it back up to the 60psi they recommended for my weight and it feels stiffer gina take it downhilling this weekend so time will tell how it feels.

This is on a solo air, and if I remember rightly the 2 step calls for high pressure

dirt visionary
    Yeah 60 was what I running but moved down to 40 which feels much better but still feels like its ramping up just before 6" . 2 step portion still working at 40psi so ...I guess I can take all the air out and see if it bottoms when pushed down. If it does I think I will take out a bit more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollucks View Post
    This is on a solo air, and if I remember rightly the 2 step calls for high pressure
    Pretty sure this is accurate....the 2 step air recommendations are quite a bit higher than for solo air. I run my solo in the low 30s to 40 psi and feel even this is firm for a lot of terrain, but I get full travel on the bigger hits. (I weigh 150ish without gear)

dirt visionary
    I weigh 145 geared..So maybe the 2step isn't for me then ..I had a feeling I should have got a talas or float

Members who have read this thread: 0