How do you reach air adjuments for a 5th on a sunday?- Mtbr.com
    Bike Hustler

How do you reach air adjuments for a 5th on a sunday?

I've got an 05' Sunday World Cup and want to do some fine tuning with the Air chamber voume and the PSI on my 5th element Coil... but I find that even with a pair of needle nose pliers I cant get the valve cap off.
    Also have'nt found a socket adapter that allows me to fit in or hit the angle right to back out the Air volume adjuster.
    Do I need to un-bolt the whole shock from its mounts to adjust these things or just some special tools?
    SHAM-WOW

Old No. 7
    Quote Originally Posted by LoozinSkin
    I've got an 05' Sunday World Cup and want to do some fine tuning with the Air chamber voume and the PSI on my 5th element Coil... but I find that even with a pair of needle nose pliers I cant get the valve cap off.
    Also have'nt found a socket adapter that allows me to fit in or hit the angle right to back out the Air volume adjuster.
    Do I need to un-bolt the whole shock from its mounts to adjust these things or just some special tools?
    Prob. just have to take your shock off to mess with it. W/ my old demo, I would have to take the linkage apart even to mess with dial adjustments.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

Bike Hustler
    Wow, thats a bummer...the first thing that almost kinda sucks about my bike.
    SHAM-WOW

mtbr member
    With my 5th element & Sunday, I find that taking the top shaft out is all that is needed (The shaft that goes through the upper link. The shock will then swing forward and you sould be able to get those greasy paws in to take the dust cover off and get the shock pump fitted. The top shaft is much easier to get off than the lower link shaft. Hoep this helps

N* Bomber Crew
    Yeah accessing the resivor is a biatch on Sunday's, gotta take the sucker out most likely.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i have a 05 sunday WHEN i had the fifth i didnt need to remove the shock just stand behind the bike put the rear tire between ur legs then go down with ur pointer fingers go in on both sides and turn it will come off then install shock pump the same way (but u will need the shock pumps with a long hose) as for the volume adjust that u will have to remove the top bolts and swing it forward...

solve the problem like i did get an AVALANCHE shock on ur sunday....

Members who have read this thread: 0