How do you measure a drop?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How do you measure a drop?

Just wondering if when you guys talk about drop heigths, are you talking about the vertical feet from the edge of the drop to the top of the tranny, or the vertical feet covered from takeoff to landing?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    edge to top of tranny

mtbr member
    if you take the time to measure, your not spending enouph time riding
    signature

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    edge to top of tranny

yep this is the way...I was showed a 20 footer by someone....all it was was a 1 footer you could role or hit top speed a go 20 feet......I told him it was a foot and laughed
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    yep this is the way...I was showed a 20 footer by someone....all it was was a 1 footer you could role or hit top speed a go 20 feet......I told him it was a foot and laughed
    You could use a pinkbike ruler and that would have been a 60' drop for sure.
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

Riding with...
    well whhat if you had two drops side by side. you have this big hill and there is two ladder drops 3 feet high on it.what if you left the hill alone on one side, and landed about 10 feet down vertical height from the drop, and the next one you had bushes and stuff until 9 feet down, and so u threw some dirt (not necisarily a tranny cuz the hills a tranny) just to see where to land and you always landed on it, thought being the same drop height as the other.

would one be 3 feet and one be 10 feet (considering the dirt is a marked tranny)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Isn't the proper etiquette on this forum to wait until he posts a picture of himself dropping it, and then spend 70 posts arguing about how big it is? I mean, let's not jump the gun, without a pic of his bike in the air, we can't have photoshopped triagulations and geometrical equations showing why it's really 2 feet and not 22 feet.
    "Quick, pass the bike up again so i can hit it before it starts to hurt!!"

AIM: Haroracer842

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinM[Freerider]
    well whhat if you had two drops side by side. you have this big hill and there is two ladder drops 3 feet high on it.what if you left the hill alone on one side, and landed about 10 feet down vertical height from the drop, and the next one you had bushes and stuff until 9 feet down, and so u threw some dirt (not necisarily a tranny cuz the hills a tranny) just to see where to land and you always landed on it, thought being the same drop height as the other.

would one be 3 feet and one be 10 feet (considering the dirt is a marked tranny)
    clearing something...I would give it the bigger number
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

That Guy
    Sep 2005
    Just use the pinkbike way, multiply everything by like 4 to get the ****.

mtbr member
    I always tell people about the 7 footer at reading. I tell them it's a 7 foot drop, but you land at around 12 feet. ^ 7 foot drop. Aceman

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickqid
    How do you measure a drop?
    With one of these of course....
    Last edited by NorKal; 12-29-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0