How big is XL yeti 303wc?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How big is XL yeti 303wc?

Im 6'6" currently ride a yeti sb66 in xl with 31" bars and 50mm stem. Love the bike and the size its huge.

I looked at the specs for the yeti 303wc in xl. The top tube is 2" shorter than my sb66. But the wheelbase is slightly longer.

How can I figure out the reach? I hate small bikes I hate feeling crammed.
    Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead XL
    Guerrilla Gravity The Smash XL

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    look at the reach dimension published by Yeti. Also, for the stack, check the stack dimension.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KU_MechE View Post
    look at the reach dimension published by Yeti. Also, for the stack, check the stack dimension.
    Neither are listed... or I dont know which they are from the picture, diagram.

Was hoping somone out there had an xl.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    That sucks. Geo chart calls for 6'-1" to 6'-4" on the XL frame

Yeti Cycles Yeti 303 WC Frame - Go-Ride.com Bicycle Shop, Salt Lake City, Utah.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I tried a 303 a couple years ago, and it felt super cramped. I'm 6'1". I ride a Demo now, but the Konas I've rented felt the most laid out.

FYI, my shop guys ride Yeti trail bikes, but dumped their 303s for Demos. They didn't give a reason, since they still sell 303s. That would suck being 6'6" and trying to find a DH bike. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    I dont think the 303 came in xl a couple years ago..? Only large?

Yes it does suck finding any bike at my size. Lol

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I think you're right, just had a couple sizes. Just a statement to show how small Yeti makes their DH bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

Professional Troll
    If anyone finds a trail bike that actually fits someone 6'6"+ I'm all ears. For DH bike you definitely gotta go custom or semi custom. Hank at Bicycle fabrications can make one. Frank at FTW Industries might still be interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    If anyone finds a trail bike that actually fits someone 6'6"+ I'm all ears. For DH bike you definitely gotta go custom or semi custom. Hank at Bicycle fabrications can make one. Frank at FTW Industries might still be interested.
    My xl yeti sb66 fits me great at 6'6".

Custom hmmm thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    It'll be too small for you. For reference, I'm also 6'6". I have a large 2011 Demo 8 (same as the current model). It's too small for me. I'm on the hunt for a proper XL-sized DH bike, hopefully with 650b wheels. So far no 650b, though the Intense 951 looks ok. There's also a Rocky 650b prototype that looks promising.

The biggest DH bikes I've found are the V10C, Canfield Jedi, large Glory and large Kona Operator carbon.

At 6'6" you're a little too big for most of these bikes. I'm running an external lower cup headset race, 2cm of spacers below my upper crown and 8mm of spacers above it, a 60mm Truvativ stem (the longest direct-mount stem I could find) and a 25mm rise bar and it still doesn't fit quite right. After all that the bars on my Enduro 29er (with normal bar and normal stem and no spacers) sits taller.

You need to look carefully at the geo (especially reach and stack) to see. They for some reason assume tall people have the same need to make their bars as low as possible, which doesn't make any sense. By XL they mean under 6'5". I thought Large was for anyone up to about 6'2", and XL for everyone beyond that. But that's not how it works.
    Last edited by asin; 09-22-2013 at 08:51 PM.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    For DH bike you definitely gotta go custom or semi custom.
    I'm 6'2" and happy with a large V10 so I'd think the XL V10 would make anyone under 6'8" happy. We have an XL SB66 at the shop and it's pretty big, much bigger than my XL Ibis Mojo. Usually companies are pretty consistent in their handling philosophy and sizing across different models so if you're happy with the geo of their XL trail bike you'll like their XL DH bike.

P.S. If I were any taller I'd definitely have a 650b front wheel on my DH bike but I don't see a need for a 650b rear wheel and I like short chainstays and big tires. I run that setup on my XC bike and really like it. My Enduro will probably follow suit next year and maybe the DH bike.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The 2014 GT Fury has a 464mm/18.26" reach. That is the longest longest reach I have seen on a DH bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryLM View Post
    The 2014 GT Fury has a 464mm/18.26" reach. That is the longest longest reach I have seen on a DH bike.
    How does that compare to the 2013? I watched a 2013 review and they were *****ing that the bike was way to short.

Anyway thanks, I may have missed out on riding DH at all this year my local ski hill opened for the first time ever a couple weeks ago... and now its snowing lol.

Maybe by next year some of the shops in town will actually carry stuff other than XC bikes so I can get a feel for some.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    XL Specialized Enduro 29er.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Wow you're right. That is the biggest bike I've seen. Now if only it would come in 650b...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have a large 303 and its a small bike. I figure you'd be cramped on XL at 6'6"
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    If you're 6'6" 29" is better for this application. Besides, there aren't any 650b bikes that I've seen that are as big as the XL E29. Some come close but they consistently fail by using shallow seat angles and short head tubes.

PULL
    I have yet to get one but I have been eye'n a new DHR since they are on a killer discounted deal right now. The geo looks pretty good and I'm 6'4.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    The current DHR price is almost unbelievable for the S/M/L sizes with RC2 shock, XL or RC4 adds on just a little more.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I spent the season on large Specialized Demo and while rideable it's definitely too small (I am 6'5''). Longer stem does not help much. On XL Enduro my riding position is oh so much better - but I want proper downhill bike. I have read that Minnaar and Peat who are both about 6'3'' ride XL V10s with custom eccentric headsets for longer reach.
    The perfect option is new Nicolai Ion 20 with 650b wheels. In XL it's stack/reach is so close to XL Enduro... Very tempting - true XL downhill bike.
    Judging by published reach numbers XL Turner DHR is shorter than medium Demo - is that for real?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I am in the exact same boat. After riding an Enduro 29 all summer I hate riding my Demo now. Partially it's because the bigger wheels just feel better to my higher center of gravity and partially because no matter what I do I can't seem to get the Demo to fit.

The only bigger bikes than the Demo are the XL V10 and the 2014 GT Fury, which is massive.
    The V10 isn't truly bigger. It has the same reach and stack numbers as the Demo but it has longer chainstays which translate into a longer wheelbase. The longer ETT is misleading because they just stick that seat tower further out back to get that number - if the front center was bigger that would be reflected in the reach.

The GT looks promising. But it's not approved for 650b wheels, though they might still fit.

Everything else is smaller. The L Aurum, XL Podium, XL Session, 303, 450, Glory, etc are all built for people up to to about 6'4". If you're taller, well. Tough luck.