holy f*&#- Mtbr.com

Thread: holy f*&#

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

holy f*&#

I know this isn't a bmx forum, but I thought you guys might appreciate some old fashioned hucks. Next time you're at the top of that drop or gap trying to decide if you wanna do it, man up grow a pair and remember you're doing that on 8 inches of suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymCiIOTlgpE

1:07, 2:15, 2:36

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I can't believe he's not wearing a helmet. yet at the same time...I can.

RIDE DIRT
    that guy is nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo-9
    Pinkbike called... They want their question back.

Will to Win
    2:36 best
    2008 Transition Dirtbag Custom
    2003 Schwinn Moab 2 Singlespeed

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    mad talent, i'll give that a 10 +

Pivotal figure
    My ankles are hurting just from watching that..
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I have been riding bmx on and off for a while now, and gotta say that it's pretty damn hard! haha

You'll never see a DH rider do a 12ft to flat drop. BMX riders are the toughest SOB's on two wheels as far as I'm concerned.

Just look up videos of these BMX legends and see for yourself how crazy they are- all of them have cracked their faces open and broken more bones than anyone can count. But you will never see any of them wearing a helmet for any reason... crazy people I say!

Crazy people:
    Sean Burns
    Jimmy LeVan
    Matt Berringer
    Mike Aitken
    Chase Hawk
    Colt Fake
    Ruben Alcantara

There are many others, but these are my favorites.

Metal bikes, Fly Bikes, S&M, Fit Bike Co. have good videos on their websites. You'll notice that Metal bikes seems to have the crazier group of riders as compared to others. Mainly because of Sean Burns, Jimmy LeVan, and Colt Fake.
    I like rice.

MTBiker
    Oct 2006
    He's going to regret that when he's older
    We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace -Michael Franti

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    I know this isn't a bmx forum, but I thought you guys might appreciate some old fashioned hucks. Next time you're at the top of that drop or gap trying to decide if you wanna do it, man up grow a pair and remember you're doing that on 8 inches of suspension.

What a F%$King stupid thing to say. I hope that guy ends up in hospital with severe head injuries or from being run over by a car. I Bet that guy things he's so cool, riding without a helmet and jumping in front of cars. He looks like a moron with red hair, skinny jeans and a check top. (typical bmx attire)

Old fashion Hucks? u think there old fashioned hucks?

Type in redbull rampage in google, that is old fashion hucking
    Type in Josh Bender, Tyler "Super T" Klassen and Steve Rominuk and Robbie Bourdon, that is old fashioned hucking
    How about Dave Watson Hucking over the tour de france riders, that is old school hucking

That 8 inchs of suspension makes MTB'ers have more balls than bmx'ers will ever have, and allow them to do things that bmx'ers could only hope dream of!

Do you see Bmx'ers hucking 40 to 60 foot cliff drops?
    no
    Do you see Bmx'ers backfliping and supermaning 40 and 60 foot cannon gaps?
    no
    Do you see Bmx'ers throwing down huge backflip tricks in crankworx slopestyle?
    no
    Do you see Bmx'ers flat spinning a 70 foot cliff jump?
    no

My friend, go back to your own forum and the skate park.

squish is good
    Sean Burns is a complete maniac... I have a couple buddies who are into BMX and they always make me watch his videos. I will never understand why those guys won't wear helmets...

I like how his bike explodes on half the crashes but he appears fine, and the lack of a rear brake.
    Bike good, work bad.

pwn3rator
    Quote Originally Posted by NicKKo

What a F%$King stupid thing to say. I hope that guy ends up in hospital with severe head injuries or from being run over by a car. I Bet that guy things he's so cool, riding without a helmet and jumping in front of cars. He looks like a moron with red hair, skinny jeans and a check top. (typical bmx attire)

Type in Josh Bender, Tyler "Super T" Klassen and Steve Rominuk and Robbie Bourdon, that is old fashioned hucking
    How about Dave Watson Hucking over the tour de france riders, that is old school hucking

That 8 inchs of suspension makes MTB'ers have more balls than bmx'ers will ever have, and allow them to do things that bmx'ers could only hope dream of!

no
    no
    no
    no

suck my d!ck. i mean, that's the only thing a little b!tch like you deserves to do imo...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Glad to Be Alive

no
    no
    no
    no

settle down...man still got skillz.....just needs a helmet
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    yeah, no need for everyone to get their panties all in a bunch.

don't forget, bmx is where alot of what we do stems from

they'll never wear helmets.
    hell, half the kids these days don't even have brakes!

CoolArrow

no
    no
    no
    no

wow. pretty volatile there... wishing physical injury upon strangers just doing their thing is a bit crude. I thought it was an interesting sort of juxtaposition.

Its been a while since I've been in a truly urban environment, but I don't remember seeing any cliff drops, cannon (or canyon for that matter) gaps, or any slopestyle courses. Truth is, much of mountain biking's "extreme progression" stems from bmx, like it or not.

anyhow, sick videos. Can't believe those dude still don't wear helmets. Thanks for sharing that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    [snip]BUNCH OF ********[/snip]
    Get some sand in your *****?

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

no
    no
    no
    no

You're so cool.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    when i ride my bmx i dont wear a helmet and i also have no brakes...... guess im just dumb

but the second i touch dirt or a mtb for that matter i go for the helmet

mtbr member
    Dude you need to chill out and lay off will42, he's a nice chap.

Your response to his though really illustrates many things about yourself...perhaps try growing up a little bit and by not responding like some 18yr old juvy.

Cool vid Will42 and yeah, they are nuts with too many nuts lol.

no
    no
    no
    no

Ideas Above My Station...
    Wow. a catfight over BMX'ing, the irony!!

I'm not sure if alot of forum users are quite young or maybe just sheltered...(Kidding!)

...but this is just street riding. Sean does/is a bit a crazier than most but this kind of riding has been about since long before i started riding bmx in '99 and has endured through alot.
    The BMX is not nearly as commercial as MTB so not alot of people have seen this kind of riding i guess. But vids like those from 4square, S&M, wethepeople etc etc, have been flying out the door for years, with a whole hell of a lot of crazy stuff.
    Just as crazy as the Freeride world, but very different. Why does this have to become a 'who's crazier' arguement. Man thats juvenile.

For reference i ride an Intense SS and ride DH, freeride, 4cross and XC, i also ride a Specialized Vegas TJ Lavin signature BMX, and used to ride vert, park and street. None nearly as big as that guy.
    I broke my cheek bone, jaw, eye socket, both shoulders, 3 ribs, my sternum (chest plate) and ripped my eye lid open with 15 stitches all in one crashing a vert wall in London.
    I snapped my leg last year doing a big gap on a DH run.
    Concrete hurts a hell of a lot more than mud, believe me. But thats why MTB'ers can go bigger. different disciplines, different balls! Respect to both.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

What a F%$King stupid thing to say....
    Woah. Chill out there bud. I didn't say people like bender don't have balls. I said you don't have balls. It wasn't even an insult, it was a joke and a "heres a cool video"

I don't have a bmx bike. I have one bike and its a downhill bike. I ride DH pretty exclusively. But that doesn't mean I can't be impressed and stoked about what other people are doing. I could have said the same thing after watching a video of bender, bearclaw, watson, or a whole host of other people.

Wishing somebody a terrible injury is pretty f*cked dude.

Conversation over. Feel free to enjoy the video, but this is ridiculous

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfromthelak
    when i ride my bmx i dont wear a helmet and i also have no brakes...... guess im just dumb

but the second i touch dirt or a mtb for that matter i go for the helmet
    urban is where you need a helmet the most. asphalt has zero give.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    You know your cool when you mention Keanu Reeves...I mean Tyler Klassen
    DDKS

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyRySKyln6M

Oldie, but goodie. 720 off of a wallride...
    07 Eastern Night Train 24
    07 Giant STP

mtbr member
    I was impressed with this:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJFz9_ONjvo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJFz9_ONjvo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    06 Kona Stinky Deluxe
    08 Gary Fisher X-Cal
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport, locked, lifted, and loaded

Pivotal figure
    Shaums was always one of the most laid back guys too. Makes me want to break out the old "Plush" video
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Never seen BMXers throwing down at Crankworx? What about the Claw and Boyko.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    Never seen BMXers throwing down at Crankworx? What about the Claw and Boyko.
    or bas.

Slopestyle Rider
    That 8 inchs of suspension makes MTB'ers have more balls than bmx'ers will ever have.
    Dumbest thing I have heard on here in quite awhile... Check this video of Chad Kagy and tell me you think bmxers have no balls.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zl1cKqd0dPU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zl1cKqd0dPU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by joelalamo45; 10-14-2008 at 10:54 AM.

SuperInstigator
    Watch the whole Metal-Dead Bang video...you will piss your pants...

And Sean Burns...that guy has got some serious ballz and skillz. I ride bmx too, and I don't like him. People like him give bmxers bad names. He just gives another reason for someone to say "Those stupid bmxers are so freakin stupid and don't follow any laws and just ride wherever they want to without concern for public safety." If you don't want the streets shut down to bmxers, then you gotta be overly-courteous...there's a lot of powerful arseholes out there that would just love to get to say "Hey guys, what the FVCK are you doing here...get out you stupid mofos!!!!" Why give them another reason to do that? My take is that in order to keep the streets open to ride, we should be nice to everyone...ask to ride if you're not sure you're allowed, apologize and get right out if someone asks you to leave, and be concerned about public safety. Guys like Mr. Burns (and others, there's a lot of wicked good pros who just don't care what they're doing) give bmxers a bad name...we don't need that...

I wish more people were like this guy (watch the whole video)...but they're not...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4yvYSyL74Y

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug

And Sean Burns...that guy has got some serious ballz and skillz. I ride bmx too, and I don't like him. People like him give bmxers bad names. He just gives another reason for someone to say "Those stupid bmxers are so freakin stupid and don't follow any laws and just ride wherever they want to without concern for public safety." If you don't want the streets shut down to bmxers, then you gotta be overly-courteous...there's a lot of powerful arseholes out there that would just love to get to say "Hey guys, what the FVCK are you doing here...get out you stupid mofos!!!!" Why give them another reason to do that? My take is that in order to keep the streets open to ride, we should be nice to everyone...ask to ride if you're not sure you're allowed, apologize and get right out if someone asks you to leave, and be concerned about public safety. Guys like Mr. Burns (and others, there's a lot of wicked good pros who just don't care what they're doing) give bmxers a bad name...we don't need that...

I wish more people were like this guy (watch the whole video)...but they're not...

Tim
    It sounds like your translating mountain biking stewardship to the BMX scene. You are the first guy I've heard of who has taken this position. I was under the impression that the skate/BMX crowd were more into being punks than promoting their sport. Good on you for standing up and doing the right thing, hopefully more guys will get into promoting their sport to everyone instead of breaking the rules.

Sean Burns is still a maniac though, epic skills.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member

no
    no
    no
    no

You are a F*ggot. Go suck some F*ggoty cock.

dft
    mtbr member

no
    no
    no
    no

clueless dude, BMXers are more hardcore. i have seen them do backflip on 60 foot gaps on a freakin bmx bike. slopestyle is a lesser mans bmx contest, bmx does crazier stunts by far. and redbull folks don't huck off 60-70 foot cliff drops, get your facts straight.

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutchman83
    It sounds like your translating mountain biking stewardship to the BMX scene. You are the first guy I've heard of who has taken this position. I was under the impression that the skate/BMX crowd were more into being punks than promoting their sport. Good on you for standing up and doing the right thing, hopefully more guys will get into promoting their sport to everyone instead of breaking the rules.

Sean Burns is still a maniac though, epic skills.
    You'd be surprised how many respectful, down to earth, just plain old good guys who bmx there are (some examples are Taj, Brian Kachinsky, and Jamie Bestwick). You'd also be surprised how few guys it takes to ruin a whole lot more guys' riding.

Tim

mtbr member
    that link to the video has the coolest cop ever on it. And what sean burns does is cool, but I wonder how many times he's gone to the hospital for concussions. Just give him a helmet, then all the kids will wear them.
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

mtbr member

wow

Thanks for posting this video ....great entertainment and one hell of a rider! But...... at the same time, while the first minute of the clip played , I couldn't help laughing at the similarities between this movie and the Bender Rush HD special from a few years back. 70% mindless crashing- 30% success . At least Bender uses all the safely gear. You could use this video to teach Darwins theory ....in three minutes. Did I say wow yet? What a rider!
    "life is a little slower when your over 100 MPH" JAD

Ricky DH
    Wow!!!!! Mad skillz, giant balls, not much brains.

I'm impressed.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by bingpwr

Nice, not only that but in the opposite direction the wall ride was in.

Ricky DH
    Quote Originally Posted by bingpwr

DAMN!! That guys awesome, fluid too.

Petty and weak
    I vote no brains, large amounts of deep-seated self loathing and mental illness.

Makes for an extremely good bicycle stuntman! Rad video!!
    ~ Downride and Freehill, nothing else ~

dosnt chng titls...o wait
    Jul 2007
    while i agreee with both points of this bmx is badass/nonbadass, you have to take lots of things into consideration dudes!(idk, dudes wtf?)

bmx bikes weigh about 1/3 of a mt bike. can you do a 720 on ur feet holding a 20 lb barbell? probly. also, bc they are so small, it gives leg bending room. you could jump 12 feet down on your feet fine, but when you have 8 inches pushing you seet high thats actually minus travel. rear suspension is for bumps, not dropping streight down.

and yes he looks stupid in tight jeans and red hair with no helmet while jumping in front of cars. AND without breaks, but thats just 1 person. there are other people like that who dont bmx or mtb too tho. it doesnt say anything about bmxing

mtbikes can do stuff like rampage cause of the big grippy tires and their background riding.

in short (yea right) mountain bikes and bmx bikes are built for different styles of riding, and cant be compared since they are, essentially, different sports.
    tubes hate me

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by yoboe
    and yes he looks stupid in tight jeans and red hair with no helmet while jumping in front of cars
    I disagree with literally everything you said... except for this.

And it's brakes, not breaks. That drives me nuts
    Bike good, work bad.

SuperInstigator

bmx bikes weigh about 1/3 of a mt bike.
    The lightest bmx bikes weigh in in the low 20s...thats with no brakes and usually no pegs. I'd say the average is around 26-28 pounds. Mountain bikes...the heaviest freeride bikes, might weight 45...though it seems most of them are down sub 40 these days.

Stop trying to classify these PEOPLE as groups just because of what sport they do..it's stupid. Both sports are what you make of them...the individual.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    wow! I guess this is were the party is at....
    I like rice.

StraightOuttaCompton
    nice huckage.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I think its a culture thing not wearing helmets. but hey, they pay dearly. Just the other day team rider of one of the most well known bmx brands landed himself in a coma.

Mike atiken. Whilst i always wonder how the fook they can do some of the stuff they do i also do find it pretty silly to do it without helmet just for the coolness factor....its kinda like bungee jumping without the rope, just for the coolness factor. Well not that extreme but you get the idea

mtbr member
    wow I tell ya those BMX are insane, Man I would love to pick up BMXing cause if you could master it there is nothing on the trails that could stop you.
    Quote Originally Posted by cascaderider9
    I just dont get the fascination with sucking the money cock.

mtbr member
    hahahahaha!!! epic gnar! i guess my time in the hospital has softened me a bit ,as i was unable to watch that carnage all the way through.
    nice rabble rouser thread ,too.

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

Good job! +1

Quote Originally Posted by tibug

Tim
    Hey Tim,

Well said; I agree with you. The issue isn't skill....that they have in plenty! The issue is judgment which they sorely lack!! Endangering others while you get your nut off is a sure recipe for failure. Having the streets closed to riding is the natural consequence of this sort of disregard for the safety of others.

Sermon over and out….

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Would be cool to see what he could do on a MTB.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

mtbr member
    i dont know what bmx's you have been weighing but a £400 (about $800) deimdon back bmx is hievyer then my orange patriot lt by a little bit so im confused to what bmx you think weights that little
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member
    Jeez that guy is nuts! he deffinatly got skills. Even still i dont like BMX'ers purely because they ****** ones that live were i live destroy all our jumps and drop offs, and theyre all druggo school drop outs. To bad. They give bmxing a bad name. Espically the little punks who thing theyre matt hoffman junior, and keep putting stickers on mine and mates bikes. If they keeping doing it, im duct tapping theyre bikes together.......haha sweet revenge

sick vids

Quote Originally Posted by JeepXJ3
    I was impressed with this:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJFz9_ONjvo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJFz9_ONjvo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    I remember that
    98 seven springs PA.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Theres no doubt that BMX'ers have skills, but their image is pathetic. Emo loook with no helmet? Its bad for their sport and gives the decent guys a crap image. I respect what theyre doing but there image with no helmet pisses me off. Anyway i prefer speed, jumps, gaps etc. than park and drops to flats.

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    how about the image of illegal trails/stunts and doing dh runs on multi-use trails?worry about your sport and its image.bmx is a kid/young mans game.enjoy it or ignore it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wow.

Am I right in thinking he has no brakes? C-O-M-M-I-T-M-E-N-T.
    Awesome vid.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Fact is he knows how to ride a bike and thats what its all about at the end of the day.Who gives a toss what colour his hair is or if he wears a helmet.Thats his problem and if he does come down hard on his head at least his trying.

dirt rules
    He says that his brake lever was damaging his fingers, so he went brakeless.

Members who have read this thread: 0