HI RISE 1 1/8" stem options for DH?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

HI RISE 1 1/8" stem options for DH?

I am running a CHROMAG Ranger 70mm stem with Fubars OSX bars but I need the bars to be higher. Hopefully by at least 1" if not more!

Who makes a very high quality 60mm - 80mm length stem with a lot more rise than the "flat" Ranger stem? Light weight would be nice too

Thanks

trail fairy
    What sort of bike [DH] on triples?

have ya tried flipping the stem and reversing the face plate if ya want the logo right way up?

If ya want a rise stem similar to what ya got then maybe a Easton Havoc 65mm 10deg rise from mem?

Or if triples look at Truvativs Boxxer stem 60mm though maybe not enough of a rise if not riding a Zocchi!.

RF Atlas to the new DM reversible stem which loos pretty cool course not so good if ya don;t have DM stem capability.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    What sort of bike [DH] on triples?

have ya tried flipping the stem and reversing the face plate if ya want the logo right way up?
    VP Free with an old Manitou Sherman 170mm triple.

The Chromag stem doesn't seem to have any angle so I am not sure that flipping it would make any difference

um hmmm
    Nov 2009
    probably going to be easier finding a 2" rise bar than it will be to find a 'high rise" freeride stem

mtbr member
    Hope do their stems in a 25 rise.

biking is fun
    i know this is probably a really dumb question but do you have any steer tube left?

if so then add more spacers under your stem

From the sounds of things though a new fork would be your best investment at this point. chromag bits on an old 170mm manitou is just wrong.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    i know this is probably a really dumb question but do you have any steer tube left?

if so then add more spacers under your stem

From the sounds of things though a new fork would be your best investment at this point. chromag bits on an old 170mm manitou is just wrong.
    I have the max number of spacers (2) under my stem. It looks like the HOPE 25 degree is the best option.

What is wrong with the Chromag parts on a 170mm SHERMAN? Do you consider it to be a really bad fork?

my fun has a hurting
    yeah the fork is pretty mediocre at best. get yourself a nice new domain if you are on a budget or a totem/marz 66/fox 36 if you have the cash.

Members who have read this thread: 0